Ictus
Imperivm

by CaptainDooRight USER (93 Reviews)
March 16th, 2012 | 78 replies | 4,288 views

Release Date: 2007 | Tracklist

Review Summary: The best hardcore album I've ever heard hardly follows the common suites of it's counterparts; blending crusty, interchaging hardcore into a one track wonder that completely shatters the genres bar levels.

This is it. The time has finally come. Being an avid consumer of death metal and the likes, I'll tend to venture out and explore new territories, someday hoping I find that one gem that was humbly waiting for me. This is it. So what about this album is so special? In plain english the music is literally perfect and extremely well written. This one track self titled song is comparable to the best moments in one's life. There are no breaks here as if Ictus, a harcore band from Spain, wrote a bunch of songs and just decided to blend them into one track just to be cool and fit scene-like characteristics. This is actually ONE WHOLE SOLID MASTERPIECE THAT NEVER NEEDS TO END.While most songs from artist' build up to their high points then plateau until it ends, "Imperivm" is nothing like that. Somehow Ictus have found a way to maintain full control over their dynamic shifts. When it seems like an azimuth is being reached the band will seemlessly transistion into perfect cleans that never take away from the previous set atmosphere.

These miracles of wonder are fully attributed to a really close connection of talented musicians. They are all extremely skilled at their weapons and always fully display what their capable of. Besides being some of the best Hardcore I've ever heard in the genre, their ability to craft composition after composition that is never forced is nothing short of amazing. Drummer Fernando, has amazing skills on the kit and I feel he keeps the energy of this band going well. He's a beast behind the set; with perfect creativity on the cymbals and fill lines he always keeps the riffs pushing forward. The guitarist and vocalist Ignasio keeps perfect, exciting riffs coming in one after another and knows how to compose like a virtuoso of a musician that he is. His vocals are amazing as well and have a good blend of death and hardcore styles to it which is what I really like about this album. The genuinity of every component befits the slightly crusty atmosphere it entangles.

Everybody needs to hear this album right now. For a person who is highly skeptical and cautious with this genre, I personally recommend this album to everyone. For a release that came out in '07, "Imperivm" is an unwarranted, overlooked gem that is humbly waiting for your ears to take in what you've been missing all along. Listen to this now. Get this now. You will not be dissapionted.

Dropped Flyer Electronic CigaretteAbacus Abacus
Van der Graaf Generator Pawn HeartsFinch (NL) Beyond Expression
Orwell AVOHFASIHOdyssey (USA) An Abstract Existence
4.2

March 16th 2012

i just loaded the song list, it was easy because this is only one song

called "Imperivm"

everybody needs to hear this, sooooooooooooooo goooooooood

Digging: Kangding Ray - Solens Arc

macadoolahicky

This is it.

I will be checking this out, good review.

here's the full album/song

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_J4fgB_RHs

enjoy

March 16th 2012

thanks bro you're gonna love this

I'm a had dm and bm fan and I was literally blown away at how amazing this album. I should 5 it, but i'm staying with 4.5 for now

Eclecticist
March 16th 2012

Hardcore eh? Did you decide that it was time to add a little breadth to your reviews?

good review

this is sounds really good so far, I'm surprised because I don't listen to this style of music much either

Funeralopolis
March 16th 2012

almost worth the mounds of hyperbolic acclaim it receives!

Digging: Sugary Sweet Machines - Controlled Breathing

March 16th 2012

hell yeah seed, i knew dm lovers would like this

i was like wtf when i first heard it

yeah funeral it's very worth, dl this it's even better when you can jam this non stop all day!!!!!!

March 16th 2012

no joke the drummer really gives this the energy push it needs to be successful

March 16th 2012

yeah it's crazy this album never gets dull.

I literally tried to find a dull moment and couldn't find one

pizzamachine
March 16th 2012

I'm probs going to review Krypts - Open The Crypt soon bro. Heads up!

March 16th 2012

yeah the problem with most hardcore for me is it's boring and too predictable, i do find myself really enjoying this

March 16th 2012

"I'm probs going to review Krypts - Open The Crypt soon bro. Heads up!"

sweet bro, can't wait to hear it. I'll support you tuff bro

yeah seed it's funny because this feels like one song and although its 40 minutes long it goes by pretty fast because this album is sooo good

AsoTamaki
March 16th 2012

Damn, this is really that good? Not that into hardcore either, but I will trust you guys. Will check.

yeah neither am I, I'm not into hardcore at all but even I would prolly 4 this

yeah it really is bro,

it's funny because this is labeled as hardcore I see this more as straight up metal with death/hardcore vocals. fuk it's good

AsoTamaki
March 16th 2012

Few minutes in and it is really good so far. I'm loving the dual guitar riffs. Great stuff.

March 16th 2012

awesome bro, glad you're diggin it, yeah these guys know how to write music, once you get to the cleans you'll see why I rated this high, the transistions are so gold

March 16th 2012

haha I just finished the whole album, once I started I couldn't stop. it just keeps getting better and better

that drummer is amazing

MalleusMaleficarum
March 16th 2012

good review dude, i'll have to check this out