Anthrax
We've Come for You All

by dannyboy89 USER (31 Reviews)
February 26th, 2012 | 44 replies

Release Date: 2003 | Tracklist

Review Summary: The last Bush album isn't horrible. But it's still no return to form.

An Anthrax Story:

Episode IX: We've Come for You All

As we very well know, We've Come For You All is Anthrax's final album with vocalist John Bush. The Belladonna/Bush issue is eternal, as fans argue about whether the bands classic albums or more commercial albums are best. It's hard to argue, however, that the Belladonna era always has the upper hand in terms of musicianship: the rock n' roll assault that Ian, Spitz, Bello and Benante delivered together was a force to be reckoned with. The same can hardly be said about the Bush years, when the band only made a few good songs per album, pretty much leaving the rest to rot. No matter how much more money the band made under the Bush years than under the Belladonna years, the band's musical credibility was weak.

The band at this time consisted of:

Scott Ian: Rythm Guitars
Rob Caggiano: Lead Guitars
Frank Bello: Bass
Charlie Benante: Drums
John Bush: Vocals

We've Come for You All, like Sound of White Noise, starts of fresh, with about three good songs at the beginning. Once you get past that, however, both albums get uninteresting, and sadly just don't command the listener to rock out. That's not to say Bush doesn't make any effort: he definitely tries his hardest to make the music good. But he's carrying an uninspired band on his shoulders, which ultimately limits his ability to do the band any good.

Scott Ian's riffs seem more and more of the same. He just doesn't seem to have it in him to make the crunchy, ass-kicking sections he used to make. Another problem is the guitar solos: they are not clean, which definitely spoils overall sound quality. Bello's bass is uninspired as well, and this takes away from the fun atmosphere the band was known for creating. And Benante's drumming is equally routine: an underrated drummer, his work in this album (as in all Bush albums) is by no means representative of his talents. In short, this album is a bad representation of what Anthrax can do.

Anyone with interest in Anthrax's music should check out the band's Belladonna Era (Spreading the Disease, Among the Living, State of Euphoria and Persistence of Time). While the Bush Era has interesting songs, the albums themselves are, plain and simple, a waste of time. Bottom line: you're better off getting all the Belladonna albums, and only the singles from the John Bush Era.

Recommended Tracks:

Sade Diamond LifeSeal Commitment
3.2
good

11973 Comments

That's all for the Bush Era.

MMX
February 26th 2012

I enjoy this album a lot more than I probably should, but whatever

11973 Comments

LOL, I accidentally put Spitz in the roster. Fixed that.

@ASnideRemark: Thanks man, appreciate it. It's easier to talk crap of somebody else's review than to make one oneself (I say that for me and for everyone who agrees).

ReturnToRock

You're getting better.
However you still need to describe the music more in your review.

[X3]

However this is a huge step up from your other one, and you're definitely going in the right path. Don't be afraid to go on for a little longer though. You come across as though you're trying REALLY hard to stick to a word count limit, and there is no such thing on Sputnik.

Just out of curiosity: Among The Living or Spreading the Disease? I like Spreading better, personally.

KMHouldey
February 27th 2012

Again, more detail to the songs would be good, but as said before your style of writing is good.

Detritivore
February 27th 2012

No no no. All your reviews of Anthrax with John Bush are the same!, the same conclusion!. It's fine your opinon, but some times your enrage with JB extremely (in the past reviews). They need a musical approximation than a pure throw of shit point of view

I love the belladona era and understand the poor vibe of the later albums, but this in particular is great dude!.

Digging: Cro-Mags - Alpha Omega

ReturnToRock
February 27th 2012

And yet you give it a 3...

11973 Comments

@Detririvore: I have made an effort to give the Bush Era credit where it's due. Again, it's not his fault that the Anthrax albums under him were subpar. It's just that, well, the band as a whole fails to deliver anything interesting IMO.

@ReturntoRock: Thanks man. I'll have to edit the whole discog. And Spreading the Disease tops Among the Living IMO.

11973 Comments

The Worship Music review will definitely have to wait. I need time to do it justice.

Ironhead

Lineup is wrong

11973 Comments

@Ironhead: It is. I'll fix that now.

Funeralopolis
February 28th 2012

look at all dem Anthrax reviews

Digging: Black Milk - No Poison No Paradise

February 29th 2012

11973 Comments

@Funeralopolis: do I still need to pay a fine to the review police??

InbredJed
September 16th 2012

man SOWN is nothing like this album

Digging: JJ Cale - Okie

XingKing
September 22nd 2012

Nobody Knows Anything has to be the only song on this album worth hearing, IMO. Even then, I think I only like it because of nostalgia.

Bloodhail

m slash

Insurrection

god bush was so bad

Digging: Weezer - Everything Will Be Alright in the End

XingKing
September 22nd 2012

He sounds okay on a few songs, such as Only. In general the band was just fucking awful during this time period, similar to Maiden sucking dick during the Bailey era.

ThrashHard
November 4th 2012

ironic, i was just rating anthrax and thinking how i haven't heard this one

oltnabrick