Funebrarum
Beneath the Columns of Abandoned Gods

by CaptainDooRight USER (93 Reviews)
February 21st, 2012 | 36 replies | 3,288 views

Release Date: 2001 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Funebrarum's roots shall'nt be overlooked. For the "La La" contained within is yummy.

Isn't it lovely how music can enhanced your being and physical mood? If you're not knodding "yes" then you're a steaming piece of flatulence.

Many people don't know that Funebrarum has band member's from Disma and Evoken; being band's that arose in latter dates. It's funny how a lot bands created better music when they first began. This album stands strong against all of the band member's newer accomplishments.

The technical feature of the drums stands out most to me. The tone is reminiscent of "Path of the Weakening" by Deeds of Flesh. This comparison is only in the tone, not the style of play. The drums are clearly playing a solid/advanced style of OSDM drums. Their not afraid of getting into the brutal death metal territory, but never become rediculously over the top. The production of the snare and bass drum are higher in the mix than the cymbals. This offers a unique listening experience and allows the drum wrist work to really shrine through.

The vocals are always in a gutteral fashion and aren't my fav of the album but I don't feel they detract much frm the experience of "BTCOAG". They provide good flow and keep the album running along in a smooth fashion.

The riffs are always gold and the bass is clearly audible and provides greatly in the atmospheric presense of Funebrarum's first LP release. The bass has distorted effect on them that add to the grimy factor, clearly audible in tracks like "Depths of Misery". The guitars are extremely sexy and have a lot of sexual appeal. They lull the listener in with catchy heavy riffs and transitions like the ones found in "Miasma of Pestilence".

The album length is very appropiate. This 5 track records allows for longer songs; giving enough time for the crusty emotions to develope. Running in at 30 minutes of solid playing time the listener will be taken through a museum-like journey of everything solid OSDM metal has to offer as well as providing a heightened experience with well above average drum work.

Funerbrarum is one of the most consistent and well thought out Death Metal bands around in our modern age and their cataloque should never be overlooked. Have a taste of the "La La".