Morbus Chron
Sleepers in the Rift

by CaptainDooRight USER (93 Reviews)
February 20th, 2012 | 40 replies

Review Summary: Solid Death from Sweden. Formed in 2007. Up there with Horrendous, Disma, and most other modern solid Death Metal Acts.

Now while many would consider Morbus Chron to be Black/Death or Thrash/Death, they are actually most closely related to Death Metal with an average percent of 85%. The thrash elements many fans place upon them are because their not afraid of playing fast paced death metal. The blackened elements are mostly attributed to them playing sick melodic tremolo's that don't sound cheesy.

Yes the modern acts playing OSDM is on the rise and damn is it sweet. Bands like Disma, Horrendous, Blaspherian, and Mobus Chron are writing some really good music. Many artist are starting to realize how good OSDM sounds and are following in those footsteps.

Some modern dm acts get too techy and you can't hear/understand what their doing. Some play some boring as **** dm, lacking any style. I mean just check out the name "Morbus Chron". It actually means a disease's chronozone, chronozone being any bit of time that begins at any given moment. But that's not the cool part. The cool part is Morbus Chron sounds like a gnarly strain of dank dank.

The groove Morbus Chron put together is what it's all about. Tracks like "Though the Gapping Gate" and "Creepy Creeping Creep" ooze with blissful joy. Overall the album is solid. Drums always bring th junz and bass feels like sex. Some parts get a little lax but it don't bother me.

Dropped Flyer Electronic CigaretteAbacus Abacus
Van der Graaf Generator Pawn HeartsFinch (NL) Beyond Expression
Orwell AVOHFASIHOdyssey (USA) An Abstract Existence

sup check it

Digging: Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta III ? Saturnian Poetry

February 20th 2012

i mean look at that album art

Hyperion1001
February 20th 2012

yeah this is pretty good

Digging: Objekt - Flatland

February 20th 2012

wow you review way too much

February 20th 2012

yeah it's jam, best music on the front page so far

February 20th 2012

just about to say the same about you Darth. least I'm reviewing albums no one's done yet

February 20th 2012

actually i doubt you were going to say the same to me

February 20th 2012

and between all your alts you have nearly 50 reviews so don't try and play that card on me raven

February 20th 2012

no pretty sure i was, i love you man, but please review some new albums, meaning stuff sput hasn't heard for the past 5 years

Shuyin
February 20th 2012

pos'd, hope the album is as good as the cover, that thing rules

Digging: Django Reinhardt - Djangology

February 20th 2012

it is bro, if you can try to stare at the album art while you listen it. enhaces the experience 10 fold, not that it ins't solid standing alone

Shuyin
February 20th 2012

probably wont, i got some projects to finish tonight. ill get the right inspiration from this.

yeseeeereeeee booooobbbaaallldooooblllleeeeesssss

February 20th 2012

"and by claiming I'm an alt just revealed your own identity as well as being one of the worsts alts ive ever seen.

you'd think an alt would be smart enough to not waste his time reviewing albums that's been reviewed over 10 times"

lol what?

ValeriusTheAlbino

album is good

finally I pleased the oh so great Valerius Immortal/undying/albino

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Art rules

ValeriusTheAlbino
February 20th 2012

this album and that other weird cover death/death-doom album from Norway are good, Obliteration - Nekropsalms

TheSpirit
February 20th 2012

Your writing has so much personality now, good stuff. I haven't heard this yet but can't wait, you make it sound appealing. This review says a lot with a very little which I enjoy

Digging: Wreodan Heahl - Laecig