Black Veil Brides
Rebels

by Djraisor USER (2 Reviews)
February 17th, 2012 | 39 replies

Review Summary: An Excellent EP That shows the growth of the band from Hollywood, California

Black Veil Brides has shown their growth with "Set the World on Fire" But although this is a short 4-song EP, The EP is quite Excellent and can be enjoyed by even those who hated them in the past!!!
Though it won't impress the Bitterest of Haters, The EP can be seen as their biggest Growth.

01. "Coffin" This is the first song from the EP and the only Original song from this album, The song starts with an errie organ beginning that would remind you of an A7X song, Then enters a typical BVB start, with fast drumming and shredding guitar. Andy's singing is this EP has Definitely improved since "We Stitch These Wounds". He's hitting Higher notes and more Octaves, while he does this is some songs from "Set the World on Fire" (Check "New Religion" and "Youth and Whiskey") This is a completely Dedicated performance by him and he has improved a lot, But unfortnately, His screaming is simular to that of WSTW, Due to it's static like sound. Jake Pitt's Guitar solo in this song has been seen as the typical solo from a BVB song, but he's hitting more complex styles of notes in it, While it still shreds, No one is for sure if it's Amazing or Annoying. The song's Lyrical content is quite inspiring, like some of their songs "I don't owe you anything, You'll only die of dreams forgotten, I've got my pride so hear me sing, I'll never et you steal my coffin" The song speaks of being yourself and not letting anyone control your life, But it's not like a typical emo song you'd hear from the typical emo band, because BVB is definitely NOT a emo band anymore. All in all, This is an Astounding song to hear and I was glad to hear it. 9/10

02. "Rebel Yell" A cover from the world famous hit from the world famous "Billy Idol" Which has been seen as one of Andy's biggest inspirations. The song starts with a very classical metal sound like it's from the mid 80's itself. Andy's voice in this song can easily be heard as perhaps his best so far, The song is a very fun song to hear from This band, Many people will probably discover this band because of this cover. But that's a different story. The point is Andy is definitely impressive here, And while he only screams once. It's much better then that of "Coffin". Jake Pitts solo is simular to that of "Coffin" But it's slower and more complex, The solo can easily impress those who are fans of solos. The song is easily perhaps the best song on this EP and I love it!!! 9.5/10

03. "Unholy" This is the song everyone has been waiting for from this band, due to the Make-up and Style of sound. but i have to say, Not as impressive as "Rebel Yell" or "Coffin". I'm not saying this isn't a good cover, I'm just saying, it's on the lower side of this EP. Andy's singing almost perfectly matches KISS's style from the original version, and his Screaming is Impeccable. He sounds like a angry bear(This is a complement!) And it will impress most scream fans. Zakk Wilde guest stars on this song with a Stylish solo very simular to the original. The song is easily a fun song to get into but yet, Like I said, This song is on the lower side of this album, For The song isn't as fun as the other two songs, But it's a good cover, and i like it. 7/10

04. "Rebel Love Song(Music Video Director's Cut)" This is a song that was released from the album "Set The World On Fire", And the music video was released earlier in October, But this version is longer, deeper, and slightly funner. It's the same song you'd hear from the last album, and the Video shows some pretty crappy Acting, but i guess if your looking for a fun watch, this by all means enjoy it, But I perfer the song from the original music video. Song:8/10 Video:5/10

So that's pretty much it, The EP shows how big the band has grown from a simple Rock/Emo band to the Glam/Metal Band they've become now, Usually people would compare them to KISS, Motley Crue, and WASP, But now those days are over with this EP. This EP makes their own sound shown and People who were fans before will be impressed, And even some haters will turn tail and enjoy this!

2.4
dragoth (4)
BVB come out with a great EP, just avoid the video....

Jacob Russell (2.5)
Is fourth time the charm with this notoriously terrible band?...

Henry Owens (1.5)
Black Veil Brides ruin all Christmas cheers with this embarrassing release....

MrMungo (4)
Black Veil Brides step up their game for a bigger audience....

February 16th 2012

zaruyache

Stop capitalizing Random letters, Please, and Use proper punctuation,

Digging: Maybeshewill - Fair Youth

February 17th 2012

go back to reviewing on ultimateguitar

MMX

this is so bad

Digging: Plebeian Grandstand - Lowgazers

Sirob
February 17th 2012

"The solo can easily impress those who are fans of solos."

i lol'd

Funeralopolis
February 17th 2012

I went into this review without bias but it seriously poorly written. It sounds like you are very young and is written more like a text conversation than a review.

Digging: Owen Pallett - In Conflict

Tyrannic
February 17th 2012

" and the (music) Video shows some pretty crappy Acting"

lol'd

February 17th 2012

One Critic from Sputnik.com stated on his review "Black Veil Brides step up their game for a bigger audience with Rebels". In his review, He described "They have crafted an enjoyable EP that will be enjoyed by many people who have previously bashed the band". Another Critic from Ultimate-Guitar.com called the Album "Groundbreaking" giving the album a 9.3, which is the highest rating on the website.

What the fuck wikipedia

Pharoh

lol

February 17th 2012

I had to delete that shit because you aren't supposed to quote regular users goddamnit
Their fans are real rebels

Acanthus
February 17th 2012

The EP can be seen as their biggest Growth.

I imagined this as being a cancerous growth. You've got a weird habit of capitalizing words that don't need to be, and a few spelling errors. You should also look at your punctuation, as well as your choice of descriptive terms. While genre may or may not matter as a whole it's probably a bad idea to call a band something it's not, in this case emo (even though you used it in a past tense setting).

Digging: MO - No Mythologies To Follow

MMX
February 17th 2012

The EP can be seen as their biggest Growth.

I imagined this as being a cancerous growth.

lol'd

pos

dammit balls

February 17th 2012

I saw on facebook that a bunch of fat emo girls said they stopped cutting themselves and didn't kill themselves because of this band
Black Veil Brides is ruining natural selection!

February 17th 2012

^oh my god bless this post

FearThyEvil

Lmfao

SCREAMorphine
February 17th 2012

Ahh his voice makes me laugh

insomniac15