Taking Back Sunday
Tell All Your Friends

by feelthemetallica USER (6 Reviews)
February 13th, 2012 | 37 replies

Release Date: 2002 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Taking Back Sunday's debut is one of my favorite records ever!

The greatest thing about loving a band for an extended peiord of time is being able to see all the band’s ideologies warp and form new ones as they try new things. One of the best offenders of this is Taking Back Sunday, with their early releases quite different to their new, pop punk albums. This album is straight-out pop-punk, nothing more, yet nothing less, but they amount in a fun rollercoaster ride. There is the well known fight that spewed from this album between the guy from Brand New and the one from here. Well the song ‘There’s no time in I’ is basically a comeback to Brand New’s song ‘70x7!’ This is probably one of my favorite songs on the album, and it is far superior to anything lacey managed to produce on your favourite weapon.

The playing is pretty simple by TBS, they don’t do too much but I suppose that is the whole point. It’s really quite catchy and fun though, and some of the melodies are quite complicated too! The vocalist is the 8th wonder of the world, singing his heart out with emotion, and love. Evidence of this is obvious from nearly the world go, as the song ‘Cute without the ‘E’, displays him shouting his little guts out about being betrayed by friends and this theme occurs many times within the record. He belts out lines with such a furiosity it is kind of hard to view this as just pop punk, as it is something more, something deeper than that.

From here on end the album becomes a more appeasing listen, with the track ‘Theres no I in team!’ This is a great track, and the title of it seems to symbolize it to be a typical, lyrically sub-standerd song, yet it is actually amazing. The harmony to go along with the vocal melody is simply brilliant, it eclipses the one the guitar is playing, so props to the vocalist for that one! The next track ‘Great Romances of the 20th century,’ is similarly a fun, nice track yet it has a slight hardcore edge. But the band mixes things up on ‘Timberwolves at New Jersey,’ which was almost a power ballad until the end where it gets heavier, heavier and even more heavier before it explodes in a burst of furious fire! Although this album is really simple it is really awesome to. The vocals rule, some guitar melodies are quite enlightening, and overall it has some of the best pop-punk songs to ever be performed on a pop-punk record.

Between the Buried and Me ColorsElliott Smith Either/Or
Botch We Are the RomansTrophy Scars Darkness, Oh Hell
Anthrax Among the Living

TheMushuPork
February 13th 2012

How do I feel the Metallica? Like seriously, I want to know.

oh i feel it

feelthemetallica
February 13th 2012

Listen to and justice for all and you shall feel it!

feelthemetallica
February 13th 2012

That's your opinion andcas, but I'm glad by your rating you still enjoy this one

February 13th 2012

im going to go get coffee in a bit

anyone want anything from starbucks? its on me

February 13th 2012

yeah ill take you up on that

I live in Seattle

I don't have to worry about that

jdennis31
February 13th 2012

like where you want to be better as well but i have a lot of nostalgia when it comes to this one

February 13th 2012

"The greatest thing about loving a band for an extended peiord of time is being able to see all the band’s ideologies warp and form new ones as they try new things."

>Taking Back Sunday

>New ideas

Yeah I was with you until I realized you were reviewing Taking Back Sunday. And seriously you need to fix that 'period'.

Oh shit forgot ive got $50 giftcard from xmas. Hell yeah gimme your orders guys

metallica feels you

Digging: Viper the Rapper - You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack

And you feel metallica

YOU ARE THE TAAAABLEEEEEE
YOU ARE THE VIEW

February 13th 2012

i dont like this album look how indie i am

kevin234
February 13th 2012

give the actual names of "the vocalist" and "that guy from brand new" and the other guy. try writing like you're not a freshman in high school. I totally feel you on this album. nostalgic, fun, classic. there are just better ways to express how great it is

yeah like sucks

"it sucks"

kevin234
February 13th 2012

yeah or "it sucks" from a guy who's never written a review

review sucks