Review Summary: Definately what real Rock and Roll is Supposed to be!!!
Now what make's this album so Speical, that i give it a 4.5? Well first off, It's the lyrical content, Second, it's the strong sound that hasn't been heard in over a decade! and finally, It's the determination of the band to make this album. I'll just rate this song by song so you can understand yourself!
01. "New Religion" Now this is a strong start to a good album, It features a strong speed metal look throughout, Features some of Andy's new, better singing, and Better more complex drumming and guitar skills from the band. All in all, This is a great start to an amazing album. 4.5/5
02. "Set the World on Fire" This is the title track of the album obvisiously, Yet it's fast-paced, and original lyrical content helps to inspire greatness in the listener. The song is very melodic, which is something that some of the songs on this album lack, but This song is also catchy, The kind of song you'd know if you heard it on the Radio. All in all, A sweet song to go to this album. 4/5
03. "Fallen Angels" Now this is a song, The kind of song that sounds as if it truly was from the 80's. This song talks about individualism and being yourself, Which being a emo kid myself, is something I can relate to. Now i'm sure I'm gonna get some hate for no reason for saying I like this band and some people might think I'm just a kid who's sucked into this band like so many, But who are you to judge. The song has Power, Heart, and Sound that makes this perhaps their Best song yet!!! 5/5
04. "Love Isn't Always Fair" Now this song kinda stands out on it's own, due to the lyrical content. Most songs on this album is about standing out being yourself, But this song is about love. The song starts very strongly with a drum and guitar bring-up followed by a heavy metal riff. The sound is very different from some of the stuff that BVB has done. The drumming is incorerent, which is a good thing in this case.
The sound has also become one of their most easy to reconize, So basically, this is a really good song. 4/5
05. "God Bless You" Now this song I found to be Ironic, The song talks about religious matter and yet Andy and some of the other members in the band are athiest. But the song is good, No doubt about it!!! The beat, Melodies, and lyrics, All in all, colse to the perfect song!!! 4.5/5
06. "Rebel Love Song" Don't let the name decieve you, This actually isn't a love song, despite the Music video and the lyrical content "Take your hand in mine, It's ours tonight" This song is just another song that talks about being yourself. While the sound is good and it's a really catchy song, It kinda doesn't live up to Fallen angels or The Legacy. 4/5
07. "Savior" Now this is probably the one fail of the album, Though you gotta admit, every album has them!!! Now I'm not saying this is a bad song, But compared to the other songs on this album, This would be my least favorite song. But i do enjoy it's sweet sound and it's screaming breakdown in the end. 3.5/5
08. "The Legacy" Now what to say about this. This song can easily be seen as perhaps their Heaviest, and yet their most melodic and charming song to come. This song can easily be seen among the proudest moments that the band has ever done, and It helps make this album, One of my all time favorites!!! 5/5
09. "Die for You" While I don't see this song been seen in a music video, nor do I think I'll hear this on the radio(unless the CD's in my CD player) but the song has heavy power, sweet lyrics, and a strong solo from Jake Pitts. The only thing is andy's attempt to hit high notes, He couldn't hit them and it sounds a little bad. 3.5/5
10. "Ritual" Now this is something I expected to hear from WASP or Motley Crue, Ironcally, that's the band their inspired by. But it's a good song. The song is very happy and has a good message, To "Rise up and celebrate your life" I'm surprised this song isn't their next single. But I love this song and wouldn't trade for anything else. 4.5/5
11. "Youth and Whiskey" The final song on the album. This is a definate Ball buster to those hoping to have a sweet happy ending, This is probably, next to The Legacy, Is the heaviest song on the album. The song derives from the lyrical content of love and is, again the song about being yourself. But those looking for a strong and yet melodic song should definately give this song a try. 4.5/5
Well that''s it, I love this album and I'm one of the those kids who enjoys this band, Call me what you want, But not many people will like it, for "We are one and We are strong". If you like this review, and i know probably half of you will, then say this is a good review, If not, well then leave it alone, and go to your dumb Justin Bieber junk, and thanks for reading:)