Horn
Jahreszeiten

by CaptainDooRight USER (93 Reviews)
January 27th, 2012 | 19 replies

Release Date: 2005 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Black Metal----Don't Pass It Up

One man band's can be an intimate and great way to hear musical control by one artist. Nerrath, being the sole member of Horn, writes Pagan Black Metal. He's got two demos and four full length LP's. After its inception in 2002, Horn eventually releases its first LP entitled Jahreszeiten.

This album is an overall mellow and enjoyable ride that focuses on melancholic emotion, with passive aggression. Musicianship is solid and holds all the necessary ingrediants with regard to tremolo's, drum blast beats, and varying tempos. There is a good deal of fuzz on the guitars but is done with better than kvlt production.

On track 3 you will notice melodic war induced harmonies that are not overdone. The fuzz fits well as the drums drive in you. Blast beats flair. Track 4 starts with a bass like horn sound then riffs enter with a beautiful swaying melody, which is very pagan like. The swaying continues as the song picks up tempo supported by blast beats, then drops again. The emotion is never lost.

Good songwriting and production fits music well. Good album length and a great effort for a first release. Downsides being no popping moments and can be a little cruise control like.

Track 6 and self titled track Horn, features clean vocals for the first time. This is decent BM to be enjoyed by atmosphere lovers. Short and Sweet as usual.

Dropped Flyer Electronic CigaretteAbacus Abacus

m/

Digging: Fleurety - Min Tid Skal Komme

Beachcoma
January 26th 2012

Breathtaking review, this line right here is my ultra favorite:

The fuzz fits well as the drums drive in you.

January 26th 2012

Love this album, nice to see it reviewed.

You've got this penchant for writing sentence fragments :/

Digging: The Knife - Deep Cuts

Hyperion1001
January 26th 2012

bro, im sure everyone has been telling you this but jesus, expand your ideas a little bit. youre reviews have less to say than most soundoffs.

Digging: Monolake - Hong Kong

thanks beach and Acan

"bro, im sure everyone has been telling you this but jesus, expand your ideas a little bit. youre reviews have less to say than most soundoffs"

I felt I said all I could, plus soundoffs get no recognition on this site. I know when users see BM they'll want to read a quick review that gets to the point and they'll listen to it. Goal accomplished

fulgrim
January 26th 2012

Really nice album, great to see it getting some attention.

January 26th 2012

I'm really glad to see the positive response and love for this album. Def a Sput gem hidden deep in the database

then.

January 26th 2012

"BM always has the strangest names : )"

if it was horny my page views would be over 5k by now

"I'm planning on getting the other three albums eventually, luckily this one is superb enough until then"

i've heard bits and peices from the other albums, from what I've heard this guy's got the midas touch

seedofnothing
January 26th 2012

Looks like this could be interesting.

January 26th 2012

If you like atmospheric black metal than yeah, this is good.

what Acan said

itchy
January 27th 2012

Short and sweet, but here's a few grammatical and spelling things to take care of.

"One man band's..." is possessive, you mean "One man bands..."
"melancholic emotion, with passive aggression" - no comma needed here
"ingrediants with regard to tremolo's" - ingredients. And again with the possessive, "tremolos".
"Good songwriting and production fits [the] music well" - missing article
"Track 6 and self titled track[,] Horn, features" - comma

Other than that, you use a lot of language that ought to be hyphenated to make it read better, such as
"better-than-kvlt production."
"melodic war-induced harmonies" - also I don't think induced is the word you were looking for.
"a bass-like horn sound"
"cruise-control-like."

January 27th 2012

Thanks for the feebback, you're totally right, I'm not gonna change it cuz I don't give a shit, no offense to you.

insomniac15

Cool writing. Dude.

Digging: The Ting Tings - Super Critical

January 27th 2012

thanks bro, I don't see you listen to a lotta BM but you might like this, it's definitely very user friendly and mellow

who know's might be what get's you into Black Metal

February 6th 2012

I had to bump rating to a 5 for this, this album is brilliant and perfect.

sorry the rev isnt that descriptive but this album is amazing

Pankar95
December 20th 2012

Sh!t I'm normally not into BM at all but some dude i have subbed at Youtube uploadaed this and i have to say the tracks I've heard so far are amazing.

October 18th 2013