Carnivore
Retaliation

by KILL USER (57 Reviews)
January 13th, 2012 | 167 replies | 8,445 views

Release Date: 1987 | Tracklist

Review Summary: if you cant eat it or fuck it, then kill it

This album is so ***ing good, like its hard to put into words how good it is, but i'll try. The album begins with some dude chundering, i mean come thats ***ing badass. Then comes ANGRY NEUROTIC CATHOLICS, as soon as you see the title you know this is going to kick chode. After a bad ass drum roll comes the beautiful AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, and the thrashing commences. *** this rules. The next song SUCK MY DICK is even ***ing better,the riffs on this song never let up, pure ***in thrash all the way. Ground Zero Brooklyn starts rather slow paced, kinda doom hard sounding and you may be thinking, hey is the album going soft only two songs in? ***ing wait till 55 secs bitch. The song unleashes into a thrash fury of riffs, trems and fists. I almost broke my thumb to this song i was finger drumming that hard. Vocalist and bassist Pete Steele (rip) is so ***ing angry, you can hear in his voice he ***ing means the *** he says, this aint no mother ***ing game. Lyrically Pete is basically saying one thing, *** you. His bass playing is fucking brutal and true. The bass is audible as bloody *** which is awesome. Lyrically he rules hard, lyrics such as "Don't call me your brother, cause i aint your ***ing brother, we fell from different cunts and your skins an ugly colour" are genius, honestly this albums lyrics are up there with Neil Pearts. Speaking of Peart, the drums on this album are amazing. Fast paced double bass fury that never ***in stops. The guitars thrash hard, while they mostly always play power chords, they arent pennywise esque, they kick ass. The final track is probably the best on the album, titled Sex and Violence, with lyrics such as "the meaning of life? pain and sperm" this song isnt for faggots. During this song i thought to myself, have i ever thrashed this hard? dude i dont think i have. God damn i wish i coulda seen these dudes live. Just moshing, felching and pure piss stained ***ing THRASH.

So yea this rules. I recommend this to people with balls, people who have never heard of Animal Collective, people who wank while pissing, basically real men. This is probably the best crossover thrash album ever made. If you havent heard this you are gay.

Lush Mad LoveCryptic Slaughter Convicted
Meat Puppets In a CarPorcupine Tree Up the Downstair
Heathen Victims of DeceptionLethal Programmed

AngelofDeath
January 13th 2012

Another job well done. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that was a Sodom cover.

January 13th 2012

cheers bro, yea it is similar, but dude check this out if you havent already

well you've heard everything ever made but m/

AngelofDeath
January 13th 2012

Yeah, I've heard this, but it's been a while. Probs time to jam again. m/

MO

awesome album m/

Digging: Soundtrack - Turok 2: Seeds of Evil OST

NWOAHM666
January 13th 2012

I've heard that this is cool. At least their 1st one is.

this is better

JamieTwort
January 13th 2012

Another great write up KILL m/

Digging: Benoit Pioulard - Hymnal Remixes

last line is the best

m/ as fuck

TheNotrap
January 13th 2012

One of my teenager jams. I need to recheck this asap.
m/

seedofnothing
January 13th 2012

"hey is the album going soft only two songs in? ***ing wait till 55 secs bitch."

Lol.

seedofnothing
January 13th 2012

"people who wank while pissing"

Skillz right there.

I really enjoyed the descriptive elements you entered with this album. Obviously people dig your reviews because your focusing the whole review on how the album sounds which many reviewers don't do. Also your reviews are filled with passion that make the reader's want to listen to the album.

Pos'd hard.

scissorlocked
January 13th 2012

this didn't have a review?

anyway, great job on reflecting the album's attitude

Digging: Fantastic Mr Fox - Sketches

DeadBeat

Damn perfect review

Pos

January 13th 2012

agreed, even justice would dig it