New Found Glory
New Found Glory

by labonza01 USER (18 Reviews)
December 28th, 2005 | 38 replies | 8,296 views

Release Date: 2000 | Tracklist

It's not a total shock to me that I am the first person to review the best New Found Glory album, just because it seems that nobody really has too high of an opinion of this band. I personally love this band, they are one of my favorites in the pop punk genre next to Blink 182. Enought about me, let's talk about New Found Glory.

Jordan Pudnik: Vocals
Chad Gilbert: Guitar, Vocals
Steve Klien: Guitar
Ian Grushka: Bass (not mentioned much in this review)
Cyrus Balooki: Drums

I'm feeling lazy, so I'm not going to do a track by track, sorry for those of you who like those. Moving on.

Insrutments: The guitar work in this album isn't spectacular, but is, by no means, bad. They always seem to have a fast, energetic, punk rock pace that match Jordan's vocals and Cyrus' drumming perfectly. Speaking of drumming, thats good too. It is quite fast and, like the guitars, energetic. The bass isn't exactly easy to hear, but sometimes you can tell it's there, like in All About Her you can hear it in the verse. Overall, the effect works and can get your foot tapping with all it's energy.

Vocals: I realize that most people hate Jordans voice, but I am not most people, I think the vocal work is very good. Jordan's voice isn't as high pitched and whiney sounding as it is in Sticks and Stones, and, in my opinion, is much better. That's about all I can say about that.

Lyrics: Like I have said before, lyrics don't matter much if the music is good, but I feel like saying a word or 2 on them. They aren't anything too special, typical for the pop-punk genre, mostly about girls and relationships, but they work, so I find them to be good.

Sounds Like: I don't know if you will get this from alot of people, but I have found that this album sounds similar to early Blink stuff, like Cheshire Cat. You can also hear how some of their sound is starting to evolve into Sticks and Stones and even a small hint of Catalyst. I really like this album's sound, the best New Found there is.

Standout Tracks: Dressed To Kill, Sincerely Me, Hit Or Miss, Vegas, Black And Blue, and Ballad For The Lost Romantics. This isn't to say that the other songs aren't good, though, because I really like every song on this album, those are just my favorites.

I'm aware that this isn't my best review, it's short and has a few gaps, and for that, I'm sorry. I'm also aware that i did'nt point out that anything was bad, but thats because i didn't find any problems with this album. The negative aspects I will leave to your imagination, but please don't post your downer comments on the boards. Well, that's my review for the best NFG album, I give this album a 9.5/10

Abigail Williams LegendThe Hurt Process A Heartbeat Behind
A Life Once Lost HunterSinai Beach Immersed
Chiodos All's Well That Ends WellThe Pink Spiders Teenage Graffiti
Aaron Arneson CONTRIBUTOR (5)
The thrash of pop punk....

asaf (3.5)
Welcome back to 1999!!...

Arrakakaka
December 28th 2005

You know what, you review in a cool style. Needs a few tweaks here and there, but you get my vote. The band doesn't, as I despise them.

December 28th 2005

thanx, could u tell me what needs fixing so i can improve?

December 28th 2005

i don't like this band at all and think there really bad...but the review is good. It's to the point and gives a good overall discrption of the band. Iv'e seen u do much better though

December 28th 2005

thanx, but could u tell me what i did wrong so i can fix it?

December 28th 2005

well ive been told to not say anything about "don't make downer comments" right in the review. And more depth

Hatshepsut

1997 Comments

i hate this band, but i did read this review and it's a pretty good one. but...

[quote=review]lyrics don't matter much if the music is good[/quote]
wrong.

also:

it's not always a downer comment. make it nice so it's called constructive criticixmThis Message Edited On 12.28.05

that was constructive

December 29th 2005

what i meant by "downer comments" is things like "this band sucks" i dont want stuff like that under my reviews, so you can tell me whats wrong with my review, just not whats wrong with the band. This Message Edited On 12.28.05

kolzig33189
December 29th 2005

pretty good review i like the style a lot. but i have to disagree that this is their best. i think its their second best behind nothing gold can stay, but whatever still a good cd and review

December 29th 2005

thanx, i want NGCS really badly but i cant find it anywhere.

Sepstrup
December 29th 2005

I found the review a bit lacking. You describe their stylle, but not what makes this album a 4,5/5 and not just another pop-punk album (not that these are all bad, but 4,5 is a very, very high rating)

I, for one, need more convincing before believing that it is that good. As I read it, what you said was basically that the lyrics and the guitar work was nothing special, but not bad either. But then what is so special about them that drags them up to a near-perfect rating?

I don't mean to be harsh or anything... It was an attempt at constructive criticism This Message Edited On 12.29.05

morrissey
December 29th 2005

Not a very good review at all, but A for effort.

This album was good times five years ago. Not so much now.

kolzig33189
December 29th 2005

hey labonza if you really want ngcs give me your email and ill send it to you

2muchket!
December 29th 2005

Wow this album is really bad, Lyrics don't matter too much, ha yeah right. Generally I don't like pop-punk (save Blink 182 and sum 41) so I think this to me anyway isn't too good. I liked them when I was younger but I didn't know too much about music know that I do, well it sucks really. This Message Edited On 12.29.05

Storm In A Teacup
December 29th 2005

[quote=]what i meant by "downer comments" is things like "this band sucks" i dont want stuff like that under my reviews, so you can tell me whats wrong with my review, just not whats wrong with the band.[/quote]

Sputnik is a place where anyone can freely express what they think of any band. Just as long as it isn't blatantly rude and offending.

ocelot-05
December 29th 2005

I didn't like how formal the review was (Instruments: ). You should flow ideas. But it was still a good review. I personally hate this band, mostly because of the singer, but don't let jack-off people who flame the band put you down.This Message Edited On 12.29.05

DesolationRow
December 29th 2005

This used to be my favorite album..........when i was 10.

Seriously, I've talked to Jordan and Cyrus. Both of them are very nice people, but i personally don't like NFG at all.

I'm with Morrissey on this one. Your review wasn't very good, but it was an effort.

December 29th 2005

you people keep telling me that my review isn't good, but you aren't saying whats wrong with it, if you are going to put my review down, at least give me a reason for it

Zildjian_A
December 29th 2005

Personally i really like NFG but sticks and stones in my oppinion was their better album but stil cool review nice and short

December 29th 2005

why thand you zildjian, finally, someone else who isnt mocking my review and musical taste