Dornenreich
Bitter ist's dem Tod zu dienen

by CaptainDooRight USER (93 Reviews)
December 28th, 2011 | 19 replies

Release Date: 1999 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Splendid Grace

Sweet juice and lamb chops can’t touch this masterpiece. Filled with grace and musical layers my six pack can’t touch, Dornenreich craft an album with Happy Gilmore and friends. Reminiscent of love triangles, the brain tries to decipher the complexity which lies within Bitter Ists Dem Tod Zu Dienen. The blend of piano over the electric stings fits perfectly in one musical direction.

It is noteworthy that such longs songs seem as they are only 5 minutes in length. This type of length fits well as the journey one receives here is one worth taking. When you go on a good hike and see the beauteous land, you don’t want it to end. When you feel the warmth of the sun, you want to bask in it. This is the same with this album. The craft of harmony layers going in and out of emotions, seamlessly, gives a realistic experience unlike any other. It’s as if you’re not even listening to music. One could close their eyes and visualize themselves walking through a beautiful forest with naked women running everywhere ready to submit at word.

Track 4 starts with love and beauty, using an acoustic integration, soft words pierce your insides and you learn that piercing is good. Take it. This track is trve in the sense that the vocal type used adds anger and distress, a blunt approach to connect the emotions to the listener. There is even a slight undertone of an eastern feel to it. Dornenreich is known as an avant-garde band because they add elements that are not typically known by the black metal genre. It’s hard to describe, but you really have to hear this album. It’s one of the best black metal albums I have ever heard, you dig.

These Austrian juggernauts choose to break the cookie cutter black metal cycle with their craft and excellence. Every song adds a unique meaning to sound and life in general. Come on, you know you want to be pierced.

Dropped Flyer Electronic CigaretteAbacus Abacus
Van der Graaf Generator Pawn HeartsFinch (NL) Beyond Expression
Orwell AVOHFASIHOdyssey (USA) An Abstract Existence
4.2

December 28th 2011

"Sweet juice and lamb chops can’t touch this masterpiece. Filled with grace and musical layers my six pack can’t touch,"

...wtf?

"It is noteworthy to such longs songs seem as they are only 5 minutes in length."

i think i know what's wrong, i think you're missing words, but go over it.

"This type of length fits well as the journey one receives here is one worth taking. When you go on a good hike and see the beauteous land, you don’t want it to end."

if you're going to use 'one', be consistent.

"soft words pierce your insides and you learn that piercing is good. Take it. This track is trve "

ok, so a couple things. 1. soft words won't pierce shit. 2. the part after and kind of made me inch away from the screen. bm is cool and all, but don't sound like a rapist. 3. i hope that v was an accident. (but i know it isn't.)

"Come on, you know you want to be pierced."

my mother once tried convincing me to get an earring, because all the other kids were doing it. i told her, mom, i don't want to be pierced. i was fourteen then, and i still don't want to be pierced.

ugh same old shit.

Tyrael

I love you Tyr.

u called?

Wizard

20058 Comments

Were you high when you wrote this?

December 28th 2011

Yea I was probably as high when I read this.

zaruyache
December 28th 2011

You didn't really describe what the music sounds like, only what it feels like.

Digging: City of the Sun - To the Sun and All the Cities in Between

December 28th 2011

Oh you smoke, we must be best friends.

sifFlammable

fuck this i refuse to believe that dornenreich made a 5/5

Wizard
December 29th 2011

20058 Comments

I'm listening to this now and it's totally sucking balls.

GnarlyShillelagh
January 24th 2012

hahahahahahahaha

eternium
February 11th 2012

I thought this was going to be a lot better. Maybe a 3.5.

eternium
February 11th 2012

Some of the parts just seem kind of cheesy to me.

Keyblade
May 7th 2013

bump for trvth

Album rules

Digging: Khonsu - The Xun Protectorate

September 27th 2014

I need to hear their other work.

September 27th 2014

Sweet, I'll have to check 'em out then. Twerking to Drawn at the moment.

Wolfhorde
October 1st 2014

Album is still so good.

Dimorphic
March 2nd 2016

Album's a fucking masterpiece.

November 4th 2016