Dornenreich
Bitter ist's dem Tod zu dienen

by CaptainDooRight USER (93 Reviews)
December 28th, 2011 | 23 replies | 3,115 views

Release Date: 1999 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Splendid Grace

Sweet juice and lamb chops can’t touch this masterpiece. Filled with grace and musical layers my six pack can’t touch, Dornenreich craft an album with Happy Gilmore and friends. Reminiscent of love triangles, the brain tries to decipher the complexity which lies within Bitter Ists Dem Tod Zu Dienen. The blend of piano over the electric stings fits perfectly in one musical direction.

It is noteworthy that such longs songs seem as they are only 5 minutes in length. This type of length fits well as the journey one receives here is one worth taking. When you go on a good hike and see the beauteous land, you don’t want it to end. When you feel the warmth of the sun, you want to bask in it. This is the same with this album. The craft of harmony layers going in and out of emotions, seamlessly, gives a realistic experience unlike any other. It’s as if you’re not even listening to music. One could close their eyes and visualize themselves walking through a beautiful forest with naked women running everywhere ready to submit at word.

Track 4 starts with love and beauty, using an acoustic integration, soft words pierce your insides and you learn that piercing is good. Take it. This track is trve in the sense that the vocal type used adds anger and distress, a blunt approach to connect the emotions to the listener. There is even a slight undertone of an eastern feel to it. Dornenreich is known as an avant-garde band because they add elements that are not typically known by the black metal genre. It’s hard to describe, but you really have to hear this album. It’s one of the best black metal albums I have ever heard, you dig.

These Austrian juggernauts choose to break the cookie cutter black metal cycle with their craft and excellence. Every song adds a unique meaning to sound and life in general. Come on, you know you want to be pierced.

Dropped Flyer Electronic CigaretteAbacus Abacus
Van der Graaf Generator Pawn HeartsFinch (NL) Beyond Expression
Orwell AVOHFASIHOdyssey (USA) An Abstract Existence
4.3

TRVE

Digging: Tukaaria - Raw to the Rapine

December 28th 2011

"Sweet juice and lamb chops can’t touch this masterpiece. Filled with grace and musical layers my six pack can’t touch,"

...wtf?

"It is noteworthy to such longs songs seem as they are only 5 minutes in length."

i think i know what's wrong, i think you're missing words, but go over it.

"This type of length fits well as the journey one receives here is one worth taking. When you go on a good hike and see the beauteous land, you don’t want it to end."

if you're going to use 'one', be consistent.

"soft words pierce your insides and you learn that piercing is good. Take it. This track is trve "

ok, so a couple things. 1. soft words won't pierce shit. 2. the part after and kind of made me inch away from the screen. bm is cool and all, but don't sound like a rapist. 3. i hope that v was an accident. (but i know it isn't.)

"Come on, you know you want to be pierced."

my mother once tried convincing me to get an earring, because all the other kids were doing it. i told her, mom, i don't want to be pierced. i was fourteen then, and i still don't want to be pierced.

ugh same old shit.

December 28th 2011

I love you Tyr. Also fixed.

December 28th 2011

A worthy bump within the same hour.

Tyrael

20801 Comments

I love you Tyr.

u called?

December 28th 2011

Well I was talking about the other kook on this page. But I know you bro and you actually know me too, but what up, I know you like the dm. You have to hear this album.

Also check their newest LP as well. TRVE Kvvvvvvlt

Wizard

19308 Comments

Were you high when you wrote this?

Digging: Downer - Downer

December 28th 2011

Yes I was. I blaze every single day at every moment available.

December 28th 2011

Yea I was probably as high when I read this.

Truce Tyr?

zaruyache
December 28th 2011

You didn't really describe what the music sounds like, only what it feels like.

Digging: Emerald Weapon - Part II: Earth Encrypted

December 28th 2011

Oh you smoke, we must be best friends.

sifFlammable

fuck this i refuse to believe that dornenreich made a 5/5

December 29th 2011

You'd better believe it. Don't pass it up Sif.

Wizard

19308 Comments

I'm listening to this now and it's totally sucking balls.

Album owns bra.

GnarlyShillelagh
January 24th 2012

hahahahahahahaha

Digging: Your Old Droog - Your Old Droog

eternium
February 11th 2012

I thought this was going to be a lot better. Maybe a 3.5.

February 11th 2012

I will admit Eternium it has kinda grown off me as well. I'd still 4 it though.

eternium
February 11th 2012

Some of the parts just seem kind of cheesy to me.