Black Veil Brides
Rebels

1.5
very poor

by Henry Owens USER (4 Reviews)
December 15th, 2011 | 20 replies | 9,997 views

Review Summary: Black Veil Brides ruin all Christmas cheers with this embarrassing release.

It's that time of the year where we all celebrate, where families share dinners, where everybody wears a smile. It's Christmas time, so put up your tree and cover it in tinsel and lights. But just as that time comes, just as your ready for a happy holiday, Metal's most embarrassing band returns. They are Black Veil Brides, and they're back with a release that is sure to wipe the smiles off of all faces.

After hearing 'Fallen Angels', you would think that no pain could match the horror of that song. Well this time around, Black Veil Brides actually succeed in something, and that's stumping your belief of pain. Black Veil Brides new EP 'Rebels' creates a sort of awfulness no simpleton can get their head around. How can a band be this bad? You ask yourself, well there is no explaining it. Black Veil Brides are just horrible.

'Rebels' contains 1 new song, 2 covers and an extended video of their song 'Rebel Love Song'. The new song 'Coffin' is typical Black Veil Brides; generic and painful. The extended video for 'Rebel Love Song' is abysmal, making you sit through both bad acting and horrible music.

But the worst part is how the most embarrasing band in modern day Metal absolutely destroy two Rock classics. Vocalist Andy Biersack ruins both 'Rebel Yell' by Billy Idol and 'Unholy' by KISS with his talentless vocals. He sings all the songs in one tone and when the pitch of the vocals are supposed to rise, he lets off an ear piercing scream. Not even a guest appearance from legendary guitarist Zakk Wylde on 'Unholy' can save it from damnation.

I would not reccomend this EP in any circumstance. But if your a Black Veil Brides fan, you'll fall in love with this. You'll love generic riffs and chugging breakdown in 'Coffin', which will bring you back to their debut release. You'll think the two covers are revolutionary, kicking the original out of it's place and you'll think the extended film clip for 'Rebel Love Song' is dreamy. But to anyone who has a sense of intelligence and is over 15 years old, skip this at all costs. Because you want a good Christmas, and garbage like this would even put Santa into depression.

2.4
dragoth (4)
BVB come out with a great EP, just avoid the video....

Jacob Russell (2.5)
Is fourth time the charm with this notoriously terrible band?...

Djraisor (4)
An Excellent EP That shows the growth of the band from Hollywood, California...

MrMungo (4)
Black Veil Brides step up their game for a bigger audience....

theacademy
December 15th 2011

worst band of all time forever blah blah blah

Digging: Kimbra - The Golden Echo

The Rebel INS

December 15th 2011

I kinda want to hear the track with Zakk

Digging: Messiah - Choir of Horrors

theartofdoom
December 15th 2011

"metal" is a term I'm not sure we should use to describe these guys

I hate Zakk Wylde so much

December 15th 2011

He's a bit overrated, but a good player in his field and a nice guy too

bloozclooz
December 15th 2011

this only makes me want to listen to it more

xorax
December 16th 2011

Ouch, negged for the first time. 5 minute write up's aren't a good idea I guess.

sspedding
December 16th 2011

there are quite a few grammatical errors in this. I won't neg it though, it isn't that bad.

IfYouRun

Awful band is awful.

The7thVermicide
December 16th 2011

zakk is good but not special and he couldn't save that awful kiss cover made by this lame bands

figure337
December 16th 2011

Zack is the only redeeming aspect on this EP and that isn't saying much...

Dummit
December 16th 2011

my friend has a bet going with his friend that whoever cuts their hair first has to buy a skin tight BVB shirt and they have to wear it around whenever they hang out.

OH THE TORURE for the loser.

wacknizzle
December 16th 2011

This band is so fucking awful. Etienne Sin and BvB's Andrew Biersack are the worst thing to ever happen to music. They're both self-centered douche bags who think they shit golden sunshine and get other imscenesterishouldbefamousinaband kids to write generic breakdowns and A# major to D minor poppy choruses.
Oh wait BvB want to be a Metalcore Motley Crue. Hopefully Dillinger and Redchord will come in a crack some skulls.

Digging: Plebeian Grandstand - Lowgazers

FictionalFlames
December 16th 2011

They're rebels to their own sexuality.

ilovebvb
May 10th 2012

i am going to fucking murder anyone who disses black veil brides there the best band that has ever happened to most emo/scene/goth kids of this generation giving kids hope, they have stoped me from commiting sucide 8 times

YouGotLucky
May 10th 2012

your a horrible troll and you need a good anal gaping you fag

TheSpirit
May 10th 2012

omg who makes these trolls anymore like seriously fuck, do you not have a real life, have you never felt the touch of a female's hand around your cock? who's greatest ambition in life is pretending to be a bvb fan

Digging: Venus Star - Nigredo Expulsion

Tyrael

20797 Comments

well

Spirit that attitude isn't gonna help you become contrib tbh

TheSpirit