Prozzak
Hot Show

good

by SyphonAss USER (3 Reviews)
December 23rd, 2005 | 10 replies | 3,327 views

Release Date: 1999 | Tracklist

Back in 1999 Prozzak broke on to the mainstream with Hot Show. Most people will recognize this band by there biggest hit Sucks to be you. But Prozzak had a couple of other successful singles such as Wild thing and Strange Disease. This album is without a doubt there biggest success.

Prozzak is

Jason Levine a.k.a Simon

James McCollum a.k.a. Milo

Every song one this album is singing about the same thing. Simon likes girl, girl wonít like Simon or Simon wonít be with girl, but girl likes Simon. Well since every song on this is pretty generic Iím just going to review the best and worst song.

Good Song

Sucks to be you

There is no way you canít not get this stuck in your head. Thereís girls vocals in this song that go ďsucks to be you" over and over. Thereís a wired techno beat going on and an acoustic guitar but it is barely hearable. I think this is the best song on the cd because itís an awesome pop song that gets your foot taping. Even if you donít like pop music you canít deny the fact that this is a catchy song with one hel1 of a hook. 8/10

-Other good songs

1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15

Bad Song

New York

Well it was hard to just pick one, but this one just surpasses the others. This is a bland song with no good hook, no good vocals or no good anything. The vocal are very boring and the guitar is okay but really has no point in this song. For about a second thereís a jazz piano that sound kina cool but fades out quickly. As far as pop songs go, this is a real crappy one. 1/10

-Other songs that sucked

5, 7, 10, 11, 14

Overall, this actually isnít that bad of a pop cd. There are more good songs than bad songs. It has love songs with catchy hooks and pop songs with good beat. So as far pop music goes, its okay. Some timeís the vocals can ruin the song but for the most part there okay. Some songs are annoying and have no place in music, and others are fun short pop songs that even a mainstream hater like me can like. The guitar work is descent and does what it needs to. Thatís about all I can say about Hot Show

I know itís shorter than most reviews on this site but reviews are suppose to be short and easy to read.

And pleaseÖ.PLEASE donít just leave a comment saying how band the spelling wasÖitís okay to mention it but donít just say that. Okay? Good

3.3

SyphonAss
December 24th 2005

whoa..there have been alot of views and not any commentsThis Message Edited On 12.24.05

Sepstrup
December 24th 2005

I'm not familiar with the music, but every review deserves at least one comment.

I thought the review was ok. A bit on the short side, yes, and there were some grammatical mistakes, but I don't think it was that bad.

I don't think it's necessary to outline every good and every bad song, just say that the quality differs and highlight a few of the best songs, and say which songs are the worst.

So... Give more details on the general sound of the album, highlighting the best songs, and argument your opinions from that. Also, you shouldn't write things like: "Don't just mention the bad spelling" in the actual review. That should be in 'comments' in my opinion. And people should know better than to just comment on spelling anyway

Nice first (or is it second?) effort, though.

*ends ramble*
This Message Edited On 12.24.05

Zebra
December 24th 2005

You should try doing an overall review instead of describing tracks. Those are much easier to read and you get a better idea of what the album sounds like.

enterwilde
December 24th 2005

Um that review didnt make since since you didnt really tak any time to describe any songs you jsut put like 12345 are bad and stuff.

SyphonAss
December 24th 2005

ya this band was really populur in Canada for a long timeThis Message Edited On 12.24.05

Hottness
September 6th 2006

Hahahahahahahahahaha if you like this you are dumb. :0

beau99
October 14th 2006

^ That makes me a sad b*stard.

MrKite
February 3rd 2008

Man, I used to love their videos when I was five. It was before I knew about music channels and music in general and I thought the videos were so strange. Plus the music is catchy as hell.

MediocreAtBest
February 3rd 2008

MrKite's Post Count
Comments: 4444

Too bad that's not a slot machine or something, haha.
This Message Edited On 02.03.08

Chewie
April 3rd 2008

this is so crazy, i remember my brother liking them, I was a little, little kid. And i heard Sucks To Be You, and i loved it, i didn't know what the name of the song or the band but I loved it, and now i realize its this band. Sorry for babbling but this is so mind warping for me.