Witch Blood
Wounderom

by BroManCaptainGuySirDylan USER (19 Reviews)
November 16th, 2011 | 1 replies | 1,157 views

Review Summary: The soundtrack to mechanical constipation.

Witch Blood appears to be one of those artists that came out of nowhere in an outburst of communal intrigue. This is almost as accurate a description to use for the music itself, as Witch Blood definitely isn’t subtle at all. Bursting at the seams with energy and immediacy, Wounderom packs a punch and doesn’t let up for its 20 minute runtime.

Although at some points sounding homogenous, believe me when I say that Wounderom is quite like nothing I’ve ever heard before. A sound that could only be described as a Dalek going to the toilet may not sound particularly worth your time, but its secret lies in how melodious it is. ‘Garbrage’ is a challenge to omit once first listened to and record opener of ‘Caden’ is as infectious as ever.

Quoted by the artist as being ‘Musical Rubbish’, it’s apparent that he doesn’t take himself too seriously. But therein lies its charm, the fact that he doesn’t care what other people think of it and is making music merely for his own sake, which is often rare these days. Some may think of it as brain dead electronica to throw on and dance mindlessly to at a party but I like to think of it as something else. A spiritual journey into the occult if you will.

It’s hard to describe in a just way, but Wounderom contains a sense of class that other artists don’t. Which is odd, as the music sounds ridiculous; even schizophrenic at times. It’s a bizarre, overzealous take on a classic genre that definitely warrants a listen. If not for its quality, then just for how damn unique sounding it is. There’s life in the old girl, yet.