Combatwoundedveteran
I Know A Girl Who Develops Crime Scene Photos

by Jawaharal USER (33 Reviews)
December 20th, 2005 | 20 replies

Release Date: 2000 | Tracklist

I think my ears exploded.

An album this loud and crazy can do that to you. It hits you like a jackhammer on ďkill mode" or whatever some super jackhammer would have on it. It leaves you breathless and almost leaves you on the floor having a concussion. While all of the mentioned over exaggerations are clichť metaphors and similes, they arenít far from the truth.

This album is just 100% of crazy, crazy grind. Itís an 18 minute relentless assault of noise. From the beginning feedback to the final scratching of the guitar this album is just nuts. The production is raw and the guitars and drums are as fast as humanly possible. The vocals are often high screeches and lyrics are obviously of no importance because itís impossible to decipher anything he is saying. The music has little melody, sometimes none, but hell, who needs that when you can head bang to extreme noise for 18 minutes? In fact, this album doesnít really feel that musical at all, itís more of a listenable collection of noise.

Short blasts of guitar noise may not be as appealing as you think but this album is listenable. Every now and then youíll be sampled a little memorable melodic bass lick or a somewhat calmer sample of what really sounds like a guitar. The songs donít really go anywhere, but they donít need to seeing as they are regularly around 50 seconds. If anybody buying this is expecting regular loud and rowdy metal, than they will find this a surprise.

Of course being all heavy and non-stop action can bore someone or even make the listening unbearable. The songs are almost impossible to distinguish between on a first listen and you often may find yourself a couple tracks further than you thought you were. Iím sure many rock fans or even metal fans wonít exactly find a melody lacking, super fast, drugged up abomination of an album quite to their liking. Some of the songs on here donít even sound like music, its more noise with rhythm than music. But hey, thatís what grinds supposed to be right?

Grind isnít for everyone, but for those who do enjoy it, this album is a great buy only dragged down by a few little flaws. Itís not really original, nor breathtakingly good, but itís sufficient enough for people to rock out to. I guess if you really donít like it you could use this album to give your mom a heart attack, or whatever you people do with albums.

AFX Hangable Auto BulbDead Cow Company EP
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly Get Cape, Wear Cape, FlyCerberus Shoal Homb
Various Artists Children Of NuggetsHoly Molar The Whole Tooth And Nothing But The Tooth
3.3
Rationalist (4)
This album is a truly enjoyable effort, as it breaks down the walls of aural conventionalism whilst ...

cbmartinez
December 20th 2005

The title track is chilling. Amazing band.

pulseczar
December 20th 2005

Good review, but I don't listen to anything louder, heavier or more aggressive than my Neil Diamond records

girl you'll be a woman soon.

Zebra
December 20th 2005

I don't usually enjoy this type of music, but I think I might give it a chance.

Good quick and easy to read review.

December 20th 2005

For some reason comments aren't showing up for this review :/

Neil Diamond is one hXc grinder. His name synomous with death and destruction.

Cravinov13
December 20th 2005

Intresting, I may check these guys out.

DFelon204409
December 20th 2005

Really overrated. The one band thrown in the "emo violence" (BS) genre that really belong elsewhere. That would be true if "emo violence" were in fact a legit term.

December 20th 2005

I thought they were classified as crust grind?

Rudd13
December 20th 2005

Everything about this album is a mouthful.

Cheeto strikes again.

^
(Means you rawk.)

Dancin' Man
December 20th 2005

Ehhh.... decent stuff. Not creative enough for my liking. Nice review, we need grind.

DFelon204409
December 21st 2005

cheeto, crust-grind and emo violence? Who cares? It's all ridiculous. They are teh spaz. That's what they're about at the end of the day.

March 19th 2006

I've been diggin this.

LifeInABox
July 24th 2007

I just got this. Can't wait to check it out.

The title track is chilling. Amazing band.
What title track?This Message Edited On 07.24.07

cbmartinez
July 27th 2007

I don't know, maybe the track I have was mislabeled. Basically some dude giving like an autopsy-esque speech over some background noise.

LifeInABox
July 27th 2007

That's Folded Space: Lead Poisoning & Distortion.

Zorn
December 29th 2008

excellent album

Rationalist
December 23rd 2009

excellent album(2)

sixdegrees
April 13th 2013

u could say this is pretty heavy

Digging: School Food Punishment - Air Feel, Color Swim