The Prodigy
Invaders Must Die

by xXProdigyRaverXx USER (4 Reviews)
November 7th, 2011 | 6 replies | 1,761 views

Review Summary: Old Skool Reunion!

In my opinion, The Prodigy are the best electronic band around, and this epic album proves it. To me, like many other people, Invaders Must Die is a mixture of all The Prodigy's albums - it has the old-skool keyboard samples and euphoric female vocals (Colours, Warrior's Dance) off Experience, the darker grittier vibe from Jilted, and the punk-rock flavour of Fat Of The Land (Piranha, Run With The Wolves).

Every single track on the album, even the considerably slower Primal Scream-esque Stand Up, is a killer, and proves that Liam, Keith and Maxim have still got the edge that propelled them to electronic music royalty in the 90s, alongside Orbital and The Chemical Brothers. It's one of very few albums that will appeal to both electronic and rock fans, and keeps the 90s vibe alive while still sounding modern and up-to-date.

It's a difficult decision, but my favourite track has to be Warrior's Dance. It takes you straight back to the early 90s rave scene, back to abandoned warehouses packed with hyperactive ravers waving glowsticks and blowing whistles while off their heads on Ecstasy. Take Me To The Hospital, Omen and World's On Fire are the other tracks that best bring up this image, and Thunder sounds like the 21st century Out Of Space.

Overall, IMD is undoubtedly one of my favourite albums ever, and alongside Experience is my favourite of The Prodigy's. They release very few albums and keep a pretty low profile, but when they do, they blow the roof off! Five Stars from me