Buckethead
Inbred Mountain

by 11hoagjo USER (4 Reviews)
September 14th, 2011 | 4 replies

Release Date: 2005 | Tracklist

Review Summary: A good place to start in Buckethead's extensive discography, this album has it all, shredding, awesome riffs, emotional solos, and good song structures.

At this point Buckethead needs no introduction. He is world renown for his guitar playing. He takes advantage of this releasing many albums each year. It is a daunting task getting into his music because it is hard to find a starting point. Well look no further I would comfortably suggest Inbred Mountain as a good introduction into Buckethead's prolific discography.

Inbred Mountain is one of Buckethead's heavier releases. Loads and loads of sweet riffs define this album, but the rhythm work isn't the only thing going for this album, solos in Lotus Island and In Search of Inbred Mountain are breathtakingly spectacular. They really move me emotionally, there is just something about them that scream that this isn't just Buckethead mindlessness shredding and wanking. Something about this album compared to Buckethead's other heavy releases is that it has a story and you can feel the story in the music, the emotion is there to tell you about Inbred Mountain-make of it what you want.

Buckethead mellows out a bit for Plastination Station, it has a great sense of melody and is a good break from the heavy, dissonant riffs of the other songs. It also has a great solo that fits the song well, it wasn't just carelessly tacked on. Buckethead adds banjo on a couple tracks, Advance to the Summit and Escape From Inbred Mountain, these sections are very tastefully added to the chaos and create a sense of experimentation.

This is my favorite Buckethead release, yes it shows him experimenting in some ways, but I also think this is a good place to start because you can feel emotion in the solos and song structures rather than just experiencing the mindless shredding which Buckethead is sometimes guilty of.

Ovrot
September 14th 2011

good album

you can never have too much buckethead

Digging: Funeral Sex - Anal War

jayfatha
September 14th 2011

I guess it's about time I listen to this, Buckethead is a god after all

Voivod
September 15th 2011

some sentences that read awkward:

He takes advantage of this releasing many albums each year

He takes advantage of this situation by releasing many albums each year

Well look no further, as i would comfortably suggest that Inbred Mountain is a good introduction

Compared to to Buckethead's other heavy releases, Inbred Mountain has a concept directly imprinted into the music, with the latter being aptly emotive.

Decent review, i probably need to check this out.

Digging: Madred - Supersonic Brainfuck Overdrive

NeoSpaz
February 26th 2013

so much buckethead to listen to so little time