3 Doors Down
Time of My Life

by Fallout USER (5 Reviews)
August 10th, 2011 | 5 replies | 3,578 views

Review Summary: What happened to the old 3 Doors Down??

When 3 Doors Down went back to the studio to record their new album Seventeen Days, the band fell into a rut and artistically everything began falling apart due to having an album that relied too much on mid-tempo songwriting instead of the in your face aggressive hard rock influences that were on the band's debut (The Better Life)

If you’re a 3 Doors Down fan, I'm pretty sure you'll agree that "The Better Life" and "Away From The Sun" are the best albums in their discography. Both albums had something about them that made the material stand out in a different way.

Time Of My Life as an album title definitely stands out and the title track is some of the most aggressive hard rock I've heard from 3 Doors Down, but what follows is an album that sorely lacks any clear direction. These guys are more capable of so much more than just rubbish that is being churned out today in the mainstream top 40 radio.

The first two singles ("When You're Young", "Every Time You Go") are boring and uninspired, what happened to the days when rock radio was actually somewhat good? Do I recommend Time Of My Life? If you're hoping that 3 Doors Down has improved ever since their self-titled, boring album, you'll most likely be disappointed.

The best advice i can tell you is to definitely listen to the title track, it's one of the better songs on the album, and there are actually a couple of decent slower tracks that don't sound entirely generic.

Recommended Tracks: Time of My Life, Back To Me, My Way, Believer.

2.2