Asking Alexandria
Life Gone Wild

by Henomeister USER (7 Reviews)
July 9th, 2011 | 4 replies

Review Summary: Why?

There is no denying the fact that this was an unnecessary release by metalcore band Asking Alexandria. It features 2 of their songs remixed, a demo of one of their songs, a song off their next album and... Two Skid Row covers?

The remixed versions of 'A Single Moment Of Sincerity' and 'Not The American Average' are pointless and unreleased demo of their song 'I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps a Cowboy King' is just the same but lower quality. Maybe for vivid fans of Asking Alexandria these could be pieces of 'Memorabilia', but to me their just pointless versions of mediocre songs.

For some reason, Asking Alexandria have featured covers of 'Youth Gone Wild' and '18 And Life' by Skid Row on this extended play. These just sound like low grade covers of the originals and have nothing really added to them other then a modernized sound. It's good to hear that they didn't try to 're invent' the tracks by adding breakdowns and screaming, but these are still worthless covers.

Asking Alexandria have also included a song of their new album 'Reckless And Relentless' entitled 'Breathless'. It's exactly what you'd expect from the band combining Synth and Breakdowns while screaming verses that lead up to a clean sung chorus. All this together creates a bearable, yet mediocre metalcore song.

After listening to this, you wonder why you even bothered. This one is really for core fans of Asking Alexandria. They'll love 'Breathless' and like the Skid Row covers. They'll probably even like the remixes. I don't recommend this to anybody else. Don't waste your money on buying this, don't waste your download on torrenting this.

Short Stack This is Bat CountryOzzy Osbourne Scream
Lil Wayne RebirthEscape the Fate Escape the Fate
Dot Dot Curve I'm Still HereBlack Veil Brides Set the World on Fire
Chris Higgins (1.5)
A useless, unnecessary release....

TheWhiteBumBone (3)
This EP is mostly fan service....

July 9th 2011

your review is too generous

Digging: CHVRCHES - Every Open Eye

July 9th 2011

Would never bother to listen to anything by these guys. It'd be an embarrassment to even have them rated, oh, sup curse :p

July 9th 2011

I agree with curseworship. Even me being a fan of their first release, this EP is just cockshit diarrhea.

July 9th 2011

You do the same shit in every review. Unnecessary capitalization, their/they're/there confusion, run-on sentences, and no real intro.

Site Copyright 2005-2014