Eikind
Vargtime

by UndeadWarrior USER (2 Reviews)
July 5th, 2011 | 8 replies | 3,966 views

Release Date: 2004 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Pleasantly Out Of The Ordinary

I never really like buying mCDs with less than 5 tracks on it, and, to be honest, I don't know what got in me to buy this one. One thing is for damn sure, I love this cd. All three tracks blend together some of the darkest and raw black metal you can get. Now, I say raw, but not in every sense of the word. There are some harsh moments, but there are also some great polished areas. This is a MUST HAVE for black metal fans. A lot of metal bands are turning into the same bull***. You can only hear the fast, offbeat double bass and the high hat. This cd is quite the opposite. Yes, the double bass is used a bit, but not overdone and it never gets out of synch. The guitar work might be able to work some better riffs, but that's to be expected.

Tracks to look forward too: Vargtime - The first track is the best. It starts off with a driving feeling and it's a great way to raise your energy. The song never lets up. The drums work start off with some double bass, but fade into a chaotic blast beat session. The lead guitar starts off belting out the same note for a few measures, then goes off into a nice solo which ends with a hellish blast from the drums. The bass work, while barely heard, is also great. It never over does it, and it never gets out of synch with the drums and lead guitar. The vocals are tough to hear at first, but they become better as the music progresses.

This CD is worth every cent.

poor

sifFlammable

rofl

'varg-time'

NocteDominum
July 5th 2011

wow, don't think i have spent less time reading something.

MoosechriS
July 5th 2011

Vargtime sounds like a community service project that the norweigan government could have put varg vikernes on. Like some kind of public service childrens programe "today kids i'm going to teach you why its very very naughty to burn churches and commit murder"

Digging: Durazis - Prayer Rehearsal

UndeadWarrior
July 5th 2011

Why not listen to it before dismissing it completely?

MoosechriS
July 5th 2011

i'm not dismissing it, just thought the title was funny. I've actually been hunting round looking for a physical copy from a distro. Not sure if i've got much money left at the moment though either. Also i've already got a hefty back log of stuff to listen to and to arrive (around 50 something albums in total)

Asiatic667

fish.

20230 Comments

"As a great admirer of extreme metal logo design, I have to say that's the lamest BM logo I have ever seen"

CoF's is worse

Digging: YG - My Krazy Life

UndeadWarrior
July 5th 2011

There are some pretty stupid ones out there if you look hard. Also, to the guy who was hunting a physical copy of this, I have two copies and wouldn't mind letting one go.