The Beatles
Rubber Soul

by rapsucks USER (1 Reviews)
June 29th, 2011 | 16 replies | 4,210 views

Release Date: 1965 | Tracklist

The Beatles' earlier albums, though a joy to listen to, were not the most lyrically complex. Each song was a basic love song with the occasional breakup song. But once 1965 arrived, The Beatles proved they did more than just sing "She loves you, yeah yeah yeah." Beatlefans everywhere where astonished at the growing maturity of a once little-known Liverpool band.

The general mood of the album seems to be more serious than their previous releases. Many of the songs establish an angry tone towards romance, and noticeably more breakup songs are present. Songs such as What Goes On, I'm Looking Through You, and Run For Your Life are a large contrast to some of their more peppy numbers found on the same album. The melody seems to have grown in complexity as well, with some excellent guitar and keyboard work to be found.

To name my favorite songs on Rubber Soul is an impossible task. I could listen to each one and be amazed every time at their complexity. From Nowhere Man with it's beautiful harmonies, to In My Life with John's insightful lyrics, the entirety of the album boasts some of the best musical talent to be found from the decade. No matter what style of music, jazzy or acoustic, The Beatles manage to make it into a great song every time. I always find something new to love about the album, and cannot recommend it enough to anyone who is a fan of great classic rock, or one of the greatest bands of all time.

4.3

Drsmith4
June 29th 2011

Rubber Soul: A rapsucks review.

pizzamachine
June 29th 2011

Pretty good review for a first, just too short. Have a pos!

eggsvonsatan
June 29th 2011

Please look around the site and see what other reviews look like before posting an incomplete review like this.
Thanks

cinaedus

saprucks

Digging: The Suicide Machines - Destruction By Definition

whatisthisiduneven
June 29th 2011

what the motherfuckin? What is this i dun even.....

THAT WAS RETARDED.

SAPRUCKS

cinaedus

yeah what happened to his other 2 reviews

rapsucks
June 29th 2011

Yeah, this review was probably too short

Parallels
June 29th 2011

wasnt this the same guy who wrote that joy division review?

AtavanHalen

lame

lmletal

brons review was better

Aids
June 29th 2011

This is not a good review at all

omnipanzer
June 30th 2011

I don't know if this is your first review or not but if it is it's fine. I tossed you a POS because even in its brevity it is well written. I'm a little surprised to see so many negs on a new user to be honest. You may not want to cut your teeth on such a beloved album in the future Rapsucks. As for the review, it is far to much of an overview. It is really more of a blurb and needs a little more commitment in the future. To be honest you may just want to take the criticism into account and rewrite this one. Nothing is set in stone and no one says you have to leave this as it is.

Digging: The Ettes - Shake the Dust

RagingStorm
June 30th 2011

amazing album, your review probably needs more depth but it shows some potential considering it's your first

MO
June 30th 2011

for such an amazing album you should make the review a little longer

Digging: Immolation - Dawn of Possession

MrGunslinger
July 4th 2011

yeah best ever rip lennon and harrison

oltnabrick
May 2nd 2013

rap sucks

Digging: M-O-R-S-E - Empty (Extended)