Huey Lewis and the News
Fore!

good

by MisterTornado CONTRIBUTOR (47 Reviews)
June 18th, 2011 | 26 replies

Release Date: 1986 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?

Huey Lewis and The News; their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to return some video tapes.

ECO VIRTUAL ATMOSPHERES 第2Oneohtrix Point Never Commissions I
Echo Lane Afterschool Inc. bikes clouds cranes phonesTaku Sugimoto Quartet / Octet
White Suns TotemDelroy Edwards Teenage Tapes

Digging: Yellowcard - Lift a Sail

What

Digging: Viper the Rapper - You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack

Slum
June 18th 2011

This isn't funny or original

Oh yeah!
I haven't seen American Psycho in a couple years.

MisterTornado
June 18th 2011

Well, for one thing, I think he is probably a closet homosexual who did a lot of cocaine. That whole Yale thing.

MisterTornado
June 18th 2011

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual.

Parallels

wat

Slum
June 18th 2011

what is going on in here

PoodleRapist
June 18th 2011

huey's too black sounding for me

robertsona
June 18th 2011

i knew what was coming as soon as i saw the five stars but sowing season saying what he did made it funny so gj

sonictheplumber2
June 18th 2011

workin out most every day

and watchin what i eat!

TheBaronofBadNews
September 27th 2011

pos'd because you cannot review this album any other way

robertsona
September 27th 2011

"this doesn't delve into much detail at all, and you say "i think" way too much. convince me, don't sound wishy washy!

also, this is pretty damn short, would be better as a soundoff. your writing is actually half decent"

lol

iFghtffyrdmns
September 27th 2011

hahahahahaaha creating alt's and pos'ing you on them for this one.
Way to go buddy, awesome fucking movie

patrickfannon
October 27th 2011

I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?

igotacos
February 4th 2013

I work in murders and executions mostly

Arcade
July 10th 2014

I needed to bump this because it's just too funny

Digging: Aphex Twin - Syro

TalonsOfFire
July 10th 2014

I clicked on this because I recognized the band name from that movie and was very pleasantly surprised at the review/comments haha

Digging: Cannibal Corpse - A Skeletal Domain

Arcade
July 11th 2014

When I see a pretty girl, one half of me wants to be nice to her and take her out to dinner, the other half makes me want to put her fucking head on a stick

TalonsOfFire
July 11th 2014

TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW, YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD! YOU, FUCKING BASTARD!