Redman
Dare Iz A Darkside

by random USER (25 Reviews)
April 30th, 2011 | 3 replies

Release Date: 1994 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Want an $8 ticket to a roller coaster ride? Here you go! Don't forget to pick up some snacks at the 7-Eleven in case you've got the munchies.

Redman is dope. In one word, dope. Coming off of his 1992 debut "Whut? Thee Album", Redman got his longtime executive producer Erick Sermon of EPMD to record this follow-up. Redman found out he had a "dark side" on this album, and thus he recorded all the songs while high. Of course, he rhymes more on-beat than Ol' Dirty Bastard on Return To The 36 Chambers, but that's just as far as the comparisons go. The main single "Rockafella" has a funky beat and rhyme meter. Redman goes hardcore as hell on this album, and this is most shown on tracks like "Slide And Rock On". "Slide And Rock On" has the sounds of Redman shooting a machine gun, and then using a high-pitched voice sounding like Pac-Man on Bloodhound Gang's Mope ramble about getting drunk and high all night. My only problem with him is his glorification of weed, but I won't complain any longer. He uses sharp similes like "I'm villainous and masterly just like Dick Dastardly", and then mentions that "his (fecal matter) is off the hook like payphones", and then ends with a dial tone! How clever is that? On the album cover, Redman has seemingly dug himself into a hole. How did he do that? Maybe he can get his many alter egos to help him out, but this is crucial to the album name. I'm glad Redman found his "dark side". If you see this album for $8 or so in your used CD store, what are you going to do? Pick it up! Pick it up!

The Rocket Summer Hello, Good FriendHellogoodbye Mush Slowly and Guac
Barry White Barry White's Greatest HitsRelient K Relient K
Psychostick We Couldn't Think of a TitleEminem The Slim Shady LP
GeorgeNelson (3.5)
Redman tweets about how bad this album is. Thing is though, it's not....

scyther (3.5)
Attention all you punk mutha-fuckaz......

Inveigh
April 30th 2011

lol random i'm not quite sure what to say -- this might be your most out-there review yet

i should probably get this though, bc Whut? Thee Album is pretty awesome

eggsvonsatan
May 1st 2011

Who keeps pos-ing these reviews?

random
May 1st 2011

On a side note, there's a video of Redman testing out the Wii, playing Wii Sports, and he's actually quite good at playing Golf and Baseball in that game.