Kvelertak
Kvelertak

by Apollo USER (25 Reviews)
April 17th, 2011 | 58 replies

Review Summary: Norwegian guys write album. Album is good.

What hasn't been said about one of the most creatively diverse, genre bending, hard rocking albums of 2010? Kvelertak took the world by the reins and gave it a swift hard kick in the ass playing a truly unique blend of hardcore, black metal and straight up rock and roll. While the harsh, bm-style vocals aren't for everyone, anyone remotely a fan of any of the above genres would find this a great listen.

Imagine yourself, sailing out to sea on a Viking vessel, pounding mead with your fellow warriors, gangbanging a horde of beautiful women and castrating your enemies all at the same time and you basically have Kvelertak in a nutshell. The album is pure rocking in all its glory and debauchery. Who honestly gives a f uck if you don't know what they are singing about. Not important. What is important, is that this album will tear your face off, rape you and leave you hung-over by the end of it.

Blast beats, fierce growls, tremolo picked guitars and 70's style riffs all mix together to get your head banging and your energy pumping. The album suffers some repetitiveness but who gives a f uck, this is not an album you sit down in the dark with headphones on and try to dissect. This is an album you blast from your car racing down the highway, plowing your girl or drinking a 24 to yourself.

Crank this *** at maximum volume for maximum results. This album will guaranteed grow your penis by 2 inches or your money back.

Dropped Flyer LowlifeO'Brother Garden Window
Disfear Misanthropic GenerationBleeding Through The Great Fire
Mar De Grises Streams InwardsRosetta A Determinism of Morality
BugZoid (3.5)
Like an aural kegger for the blackened punk enthusiast in you. But set aside the light beer. Try s...

ffs (4)
Blackcore is finally here!...

Meir
recommended by reviewer
Nothing Just
Fucking Listen
You Twat

April 17th 2011

Neg away, this is poorly written but I've said what needed to be said

i want to grow my penis

doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it

psykonaut
April 17th 2011

The album suffers some repetitiveness but who gives a f uck, this is an album you sit down in the dark with headphones on and try to dissect. This isn't an album you blast from your car racing down the highway, plowing your girl or drinking a 24 to yourself.

um...

little nitpicky thing:

1st sentence of 2nd paragraph: kill the comma after "yourself" and add a comma after "...women and"

cvlts
April 18th 2011

local radio station played 'Ulvetid' last night. almost shat myself with the opener

KVVEEELLLLLLLLLLEERRRRTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

i like how the review doesnt give a shit.

acorncheese
April 18th 2011

u ask for neg u get neg.

Hyperion1001
April 18th 2011

I like this review. Good job.

Digging: Recondite - Caldera/DRGN 2

thanks Acorn

and thanks everyone else...I wrote this in 5 minutes but I'm drinking a bunch of beer and rocking out to it so I thought it appropriate

Nikkolae

@Genocide: ^that sounds awesome

Digging: Pallbearer - Foundations of Burden

April 18th 2011

i remember reading that the lyrics are about odin's magical mead or some shit like that

so yes, it is appropriate

SloppyMilkshake
April 18th 2011

Review makes me wanna rock.

Hawks
April 18th 2011

Nice review bud. Album rules.

Digging: Engraved - Before The Tales

Itwasthatwas
April 18th 2011

you just inspired me to go drink mead on a viking vessel with my bros

ffs
April 18th 2011

pretty sure there are no blast beats in this bro

Liktorn?

Nikkolae

Ulvetid?

spillingmercury
April 18th 2011

Album sounds ballsy and fantastic. Was trying to figure out the name of it since I only remember how the album art looked. Glad to see it's exactly what I need as of late.

Nice review. Crazy short but it explains enough about the sound and what you should expect from it that it's fine as is.

ffs