Mind Funk
Dropped

by random USER (25 Reviews)
April 9th, 2011 | 5 replies

Release Date: 1993 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Underrated Grunge? Check.

Mind Funk are a very underrated band. So underrated, in fact, that they're almost unnoticed. Mind Funk originally were a funk-metal band on their self-titled debut album, but their sound on that album was less than favourable. Epic Records, the band's original label, "dropped" them, and they moved to Megaforce Records, also the former home of Metallica. Producer Terry Date, also known for his work with many nu-metal bands, such as Limp Bizkit, Deftones, and Staind, joined in to produce the band's Grunge album, Dropped. The album's lead single, "Goddess", shows a "Spoonman"-like time signature in the verses, then straight edge lead singer Pat Dubar goes into a chorus of loud wails. The song "11 Ton Butterfly" shows a watery chorus effect in the beginning, and then moves into an epic song. Pat Dubar shows a vocal style similar to Maynard James Keenan from Tool in this song. The artwork is said to be LSD blotter paper, with a demented church mural that folds out. Overall, if you see this album collecting dust in the bargain bin (if you can find it, that is. I ordered my copy off of Amazon.) Pick it up! It might just be the best $1 you will spend.

The Rocket Summer Hello, Good FriendHellogoodbye Mush Slowly and Guac
Barry White Barry White's Greatest HitsRelient K Relient K
Psychostick We Couldn't Think of a TitleEminem The Slim Shady LP

combustion07
April 9th 2011

Goddess is a pretty cool track.

iFghtffyrdmns
April 9th 2011

"Also if this review meant to be just some mind funk or a joke then it isn't that good."

You don't get it man. Random is the uncontested King of the Sound Off Reviews

SloppyMilkshake
April 9th 2011

random is the Phillip Glass of reviews.

Skorch
April 10th 2011

"Aluna" is my favorite so far.

Skorch
April 10th 2011

There album "People fell from the sky" has a lot of good songs. the whole album is amazing. the song "Aluna" is my favorite so far.