Aiden
Disguises

1.5
very poor

by Plank USER (5 Reviews)
March 29th, 2011 | 25 replies

Review Summary: Aiden. The pro of being deaf.

Aidens Disguises is aptly named. Throughout the whole career of Aiden they have been nothing more than a horror pop punk band that has grown steadily worse with each subsequent release. Though whilst the other band members seem to have grown slightly stronger and I emphasise “slightly” this can’t hide the fact that Wil Francis just kills whatever this album could have been.

I just started a drinking game any time Wil says any of the following words you drink
(Dead,addiction,despair,misery,grave,pain,die,fear ) just add your own you get the gist. By this I mean the lyrical maturity of Aidens career hasn’t broadened at all, Wil has been festering in his own clichés for more than 7 years and Disguises doesn’t change this. For example “Perfect Muse” with
“I'll sing you die be my perfect muse
my valentine alive
I'll sing you dare make the speakers bleed
In dying days we just don't care”
Well by the lyrical gems in this album I guess originality was one of the things they decided not to care about either.

One of the things that I can’t honestly fathom is the strange noises that end with the song “horror queen” it sounds as though when the song finished the band decided to keep the running time going by remixing the sound of Francis masturbating in the sound booth. Also what is with the inclusion of the horror samples as well, have Aiden finally decided the overall music quality is that *** they need to use sampling now. Well a shining quote is used in the opening to walk among the dead “I’m just gonna bash your brains in” funny….after getting this far into the album I felt the exact same way towards the band.

The worst part of disguises is the last song, a cover of the alkaline trio song "radio".I get the feeling sometimes that Wil Francis is just a troll, the song actually sounds like a decent cover with it being an interesting eerie piano spin on things. Until he opens his mouth. Actually that sums up the whole album this is just another attempt for Aiden to get some lulz out of everyone that despises them and they succeed.

On the other hand Disguises has some decent riffs here and there, Shine and Horror Queen are actually pretty good songs for the most part. But then again it just makes me think of bands who have been able to grow and become so much better. Aiden are stuck unintentionally (I hope) in the childish immaturity of their past. Therefore Aiden will never change and that should keep whatever is left of their fanbase happy.

Now if you will excuse me I need a stiff drink.

poor
Davey Boy STAFF (2)
I’ve got a big fat fuckin’ bone to pick with Wil....

Adam Knott EMERITUS (1.5)
this is for the godless and vilified!!!!...

Aiden just got planked.

Digging: Pink Turns Blue - If Two Worlds Kiss

LepreCon

Fuckin piece of shit

balcaen
March 29th 2011

i love me a negative review

It certainly is

gabethepiratesquid
March 29th 2011

I think this literally might be the band that annoys me most of anyone. At least with BrokeNCYDE and stuff like that the fans don't take it seriously and don't think they're "geniuses"

Scoot

I can't even give this a joke 5

Digging: Renounced - The Melancholy We Ache

March 29th 2011

Review is pretty average, but yeah this album sucks ass.

WashboardSuds
March 29th 2011

good review but there are grammar and capitalization issues

I loathe this band

Digging: Zodiac (VASE) - Zodiac

March 29th 2011

Yeah, I just wanted to make a quick write up of how terrible this is, it felt more like an endurance test than anything else.

they did a cover of an alk3 song wtf

March 29th 2011

UhhKris - I shit you not, they completely butchered it.

andcas - Thanks I tried to make it a bit funny, look forward to reading yours!

i gotta hear this

patman1001
March 29th 2011

the summary made me laugh

March 29th 2011

wow what a fucking terrible cover

iwubmoosik

my best friend plank

Essence

review blows

DaveyBoy

20858 Comments

I was listening to this the other day & I had no idea that the closer was what it was... The moment I heard "Shakinnnnn like a dog shitting razorblades", I just exclaimed "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo".

HangEmHigh
March 29th 2011

I nearly cried when I heard Radio being butchered like that. Francis must pay for what he has done!

DaveyBoy

20858 Comments

andcas, it's actually a rather old phrase that Alk3 incorporated into their song.

Wil/William/BillyBoy must pay. Get him Dan.

March 29th 2011

Basically Aiden rapes you whilst you listen to this. Pure controversy.