This is an album that I grew up listening to, I got it when it came out. Even now after all these years its still great. This was when The Offspring were starting to get really big. This was probably there last really good album.
Dexter Holland: Guitar, Vocals
Noodles: Guitar, Backing Vocals
Greg K: Bass, Backing Vocals
Ron Welty: Drums
1. Welcome Ė Just an intro, but its funny.
2. Have You Ever Ė Starts slow and gets kind of dark and has some really good lyrics. Then changes into a whole different song that has a really good bass riff. This is one of my favorites and I never skip it. 4.5/5
3. Staring At The Sun Ė Starts slow with a palm muted guitar riff with Dexter singing, then it picks up and gets really fast with some really good lyrics. Another great song. 4/5
4. Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) Ė One of the singles of the album. While its quite funny its very poppy. Iíve lost interest in this one over the year. Its not bad, but its not great either. 3/5
5. The Kids Arenít Alright Ė One of the greatest song The Offspring ever wrote, hands down the best on the album, and also another single The lyrics are great and the kind you can just sing along to. Every riff is great and has one of Noodles best solos ever. 5/5
6. Feelings Ė When I was younger I never liked this song but it has grown on me, or grown with me Iím not sure which. Anyways the Intro and verse riffs are really good. Dexterís vocals are great especially in the chorus and another great solo from Noodles. 4.5/5
7. Sheís Got Issues Ė Another single and I have never been a big fan of this song. Its really poppy and I donít see a lot to like, thatís all I have to say. 2/5
8. Walla Walla Ė I love this song for some reason, its really funny and the beginning riff is awesome. It makes me really happy to listen to this song, and I hope it does the same for you. 4/5
9. The End Of The Line Ė This song reminds me of Gone Away but faster and not quite as good, but that doesnít mean its bad. Its got some cool lyrics and some weird guitar effects in the bridge. Just a solid song. 4/5
10. No Brakes Ė A fast punk song, which Iíve always liked. It picks things up a bit after the last song. Has a good bass line and good guitar riffs. 4/5
11. Why Donít You Get A Job Ė Another single, and a very poppy sounding one to boot. I remember when I was I the 4th grade and this came out me and one of my friends knew the lyrics to this by heart and used to sing it all the time. Well that was then I almost always skip it these day. 3/5
12. Americana Ė Americana is Dexter Hollandís vision of a perfect world, but with the way things in the world are going these days that will never happen. But anyways this song kicks ass, Its also very experimental because I think itís the only song The Offspring have ever recorded thatís played in D tuning. Deffenattly one of the best songs. 5/5
13. Pay The Man Ė Starts with this kind of western sounding intro that goes on for around 5 minutes or so, but its worth the wait. The song this turns into an epic of sorts and is a great way to end the album. 4/5
All in all this is a good album, not as good as there older albums but still very good. And bye the way this is my first review so please donít rip my balls off.
-The Kids Arenít Alright
-Have You Ever