Bullets In Madison
We Became Your Family When You Died

by Ty USER (11 Reviews)
October 29th, 2010 | 13 replies | 3,166 views

Review Summary: One awesome listen.

I was digging around for a new band to listen to, when I happened upon Bullets In Madison. I downloaded their album. (It's free.) And at first listen, I knew this was going to be a fantastic CD.

Of course, some songs stand out more than others, which is typical among almost every album out there. There are songs like "Impossible Grave," though it still remains a great song, it is not the strongest on the album. Then, there are songs like "Joel Found His Angel Cowering in The Garden," which is one of the most incredible songs I've heard in quite some time. I would go into more detail regarding this song. However, it caught me off guard on the first listen, which is why I feel the reader should go and listen to it themselves. It's a truly amazing song, one of the best on WBYFWYD. All in all, every single song on this album remains very top-notch in regards to quality, sound, and variety.

As well as having varied, and awesome songs, this album offers an extremely good sound. The lead singer has an incredible voice, which in some songs is reminiscent of Coldplay's Chris Martin. However, the members responsible for the instrumentation are not at all sub-par either. The instruments are just as good as the vocals. Throughout the entirety of this album, each song retains a crisp and refreshing feel. Even though some songs are darker, and some are more upbeat and catchy, each song emanates a sort of life. It is a very consistent album overall, each song remains well-performed, and each song sounds great.

Like I said in the previous paragraph, there are portions of this album that remind me of Coldplay. The most notable example of this is the song: "Broken." It sounds quite similar in instrumental structure, and in vocals, to something that Coldplay would pull off. However, this is not to say that Bullets In Madison is a copy of Coldplay, not at all. In fact, many of their songs are either instrumental, or a type of alternative/post-rock mix. This yields very pleasing results, which is the reason why this CD is so fantastic.

Basically, it's Coldplay for the post-rock aficionado.

Okkoto Childhood/BrotherhoodArroyo Individuum & Massen
Early Day Miners Placer FoundGray Ghost Deep In The Shallow End
Ten Kens Ten KensLoose Lips Sink Ships The Contemporary Issues of Celibacy

October 29th 2010

I kept this review somewhat shorter than my previous reviews.

Here's their bandcamp. Just put in 0.00 as the price.

October 30th 2010

You have no idea how much i love you for reviewing this. Nobody really took my advice on hearing this.

October 30th 2010

Haha, well thanks lol. You've heard of these guys? I figured almost no one had. They're incredible.
It's their loss for not taking your advice. This stuff's great.

October 30th 2010

There's some issues here and there, but it's a decently solid review. Nice work.

"(It's free, haha.)"
^ You may want to get rid of this, or at least the 'haha,' it takes the credibility out of your review.

Digging: United Nations - The Next Four Years

October 30th 2010

Yeah haha, I figured it wasn't one of my best reviews. I put it together quickly today because I was in the mood to write something. But thanks.

Yeah, good point. I just laugh a lot... At nothing, so I habitually put that in here and there.

Pos.

Sounds interesting btw

Thanks.

It's good stuff for sure.

Romulus
November 27th 2010

this is so good

December 6th 2010

Agreed. I find myself going back to it frequently.

Romulus
December 6th 2010

yeah i think i'm gonna go dig this. might sneak into my top ten this year

December 6th 2010

Sounds like a good plan to me.
Ah yeah that'd be sweet. It's definitely in mine. It's so good.

North0House2
August 12th 2012

I wrote the review for this? Wow, shame it's not more popular. I could've sworn I never wrote this thing a review. Oh well. Getting back into it again. It's been a long time.

Digging: The Number Twelve Looks Like You - Mongrel