My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult
A Crime For All Seasons

by Raul Stanciu STAFF
October 26th, 2010 | 3 replies

Release Date: 1997 | Tracklist

Review Summary: On “A Crime For All Seasons”, My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult are at their most abrasive and industrial tinged sound.

On “A Crime For All Seasons”, TKK are at their most abrasive and industrial tinged sound. This time the guitars take a bigger role on almost all the songs, with less(scattered one-lines), to no vocal samples (the only exception being “The Twilight Web”).

While not being among their best albums, “A Crime For All Seasons” offers some fine moments like the dancey and desperate album opener,“Fangs Of Love”, which marks the transition from “Hit & Run Holiday” rock’n’roll to the more guitar punctuated sound found here, or the almost KMFDM style “ultra-heavy beat” of “Sexy Sucker”.

Also, “The Twilight Web” which gets closest to TKK’s early 90’s groove and the silly but catchy “Mr. And Mrs. Bottomless Pit”(with lyrics like “Evil comes and evil goes/Just like the drugs from Mexico”,”Pill crazed and wild junkie, sin circuit head trip/It’s a circus of sadists where you are the star” you can only forget about them, be the star and party on) work really nice. The rest of the album does not fall flat, but it’s somehow average compared to their earlier highlights like "Sex On Wheelz", "Blue Buddha" or "Glamour Is A Rocky Road" which were instantly memorable and made you put them on repeat for a long time.

I tried to choose if the album’s short length is a flaw or a good thing… A flaw because there are only 9 songs really or a good thing because this way it could be a better record for new fans to try first. But I’d rather choose the former reason.

Unfortunately this album was released in 1997, when a lot of people turned their backs to the industrial/rave music in favor of post grunge and nu metal. As a result, the record got considerably less exposure and was generally ignored.

Overall a solid album , but like mentioned it’s somehow less ambitious and average compared to “Sexplosion!”, “13 Above The Night” or “Hit & Run Holiday”.

Highlights – “Sexy Sucker”, “Fangs Of Love” and “The Twilight Web”

Eagles Of Death Metal Zipper DownRotor (GER) 5
Golden Void BerkanaExxasens Back to Earth
Uncle Acid and The Deadbeats The Night CreeperMaster Musicians of Bukkake Further West Quad Cult

October 26th 2010

doing a discography run through?

enjoying this band a lot recently

October 26th 2010

Review is okay, but a bit too disjointed. Flesh out your ideas further - each of those paragraphs could two with at least two sentences more.

Digging: Deafheaven - New Bermuda

October 27th 2010

me too and since there were no reviews I thought I could give it a try. You can start reviewing them too ) there are many albums

Digging: Clutch - Psychic Warfare