a tribute to my buddy avery
"moving pictures" is the best album ever because it rules and i will explain why it rules so much
1. geddy's vocals. he is so mysterious, and he has the voice of an old man who has a story to tell, and i think he tells the story very well. he talks about cameras, hunting witches, sailing on rafts, driving cars, eating limes (in the light) and seeing signs. on one song he doesnt even sing, he tells the story wih his bass.
2. neil's lyrics. while geddy tells the story, neil is the mastermind behind each one. all of his lyrics are based out of personal situations he has been in, because neil actually had a red car and he actually owned a camera and his mother was a witch (she was burned alive)
3. alex's guitar. he plays like a robot with pure soul.
4. neil's drums. they are complicated, much like the man himself. despite neil's persona as rock's calmest and coolest guy (he doesnt cuss in interviews, he is atrue gentleman who reads books instead of having sex on tour) he takes out his frustrations on society (and company) with his drums, jus tlisten to "tom sawyer", "red barchetta" "yyz" "limelight", "the camera eye", "witch hunt" and "vital signs" and you will see how good he is at playing the drums. really those songs are all you need to hear from this album to know how brilliant he is at jamming his drums
5. geddy's bass. you know that guy from tool, their bass player? he wouldnt even be alive if not for geddy lee. and even matt stone of south park once claimed that geddy lee was the best bassist ever. kurt cobain once said in an interview that geddy lee was so good he offered him a job in nirvana and geddy declined because, i quote, "nirvana were little bitches" according to geddy. some speculate this is the reason for his suicide.
6. everything else.
so in short, moving pictures is the best album ever done