Fragile

by 420yeah666yeah69 USER (4 Reviews)
October 1st, 2010 | 25 replies | 2,019 views

Release Date: 1971 | Tracklist

Review Summary: An outstanding performance by Yes. One of the best in Prog Rock. The most freezan album I heard in a while.

There first arrival into symphonic rock, was a good landing. it was their first album with keyboardist rick Wakeman, so it obviously should have been a good landing. This album would be one to change the structure of Progressive Rock forever, and influence many other bands along the way. Now for the individual song ratings-

1-Roundabout- This one fades in slowly, then the acoustic guitar rings with the best note that could possibly be played. It does that over again, then it goes into a really catchy tune, fast paced, and full of excellent bass work, excellent guitar work, alright drums, and great vocals. Not to mention Wakeman's work here- outstanding. Yes has a good way of blending keyboards in perfectly, unlike other bands that use a keyboard- they sound a bit awkward using keyboards in places where keyboard doesn't fit in. But Yes uses it perfectly, it is used well in fills, a bit similar to Rush's keyboard fills. The chorus is magnificent. Don't forget to listen to this awesome song. 5/5

2-Cans and Brahms- Based on Brahm's symphony 4, in E Minor, Third Movement, it is a cover that Wakeman thrives on. It sounds great, but me also being a fan of classical must say I like the original better. 4/5

3-We Have Heaven- This one is short, but I love it. It is Anderson's voice in different recordings at once. It is really freeza, and reminds me of paradise. 4.5/5

4-South Side of the Sky- This one rocks hard. The organ's work is superb. Has awesome lyrics,"We were ever colder on that day, a million miles away. It seemed from all eternity." The piano fill in the middle is superb. One of the best in Yes i'd say.5/5

5-Five Per Cent for Nothing- Only 34 minuets, it sounds strange, but good i guess. I can't say it's good, but i cant say it's bad either. 3.5/5

6-Long Distance Runaround- That bass makes me have diarrhea, because it fits in so well with his voice; and the Zeppelins sounding guitar rules. A great catchy song. 5/5

7-The Fish- ONLY Chirs on this song. But what is so awsome is that he uses different recordings and combines them together. Ilike it as it I would love any good bass track. 4/5

8. Mood for a Day- The best acoustic song I think i may have ever heard. It is so profound. 5/5

9. Heart of the Sunrise- Best song on the album. In ten minuets it closes the album with a roar so powerful it blows journey down the toilet. Take my word and listen to this song.

So there you got it. A yes album. take a freeza and listen to this bitch.

4.4
TheMystical (4.5)
A musically understated classic....

NightmareCinema16 (4.5)
The album that launched the group as an international phenomenon....

Matthijs van der Lee (4.5)
As Wakeman joins the fold and completes the classic formation, Yes make their best album yet....

keep on phishin' (4)

420yeah666yeah69
September 30th 2010

So yeah, it is short. But I think I used the right words for it. So grab a fridge folks.

AngelofDeath
September 30th 2010

Grab a freeza?

Lots of capitalization and there/their type word mess-ups. Also, I wouldn't do track-by-track style reviews.

NeutralThunder12
October 1st 2010

alright review, solid first though.

I prefer Close to the Edge, Relayer and The YES Album over this, but its still awesome.

October 1st 2010

wow is 'keyboard' your favorite word? 4 times in the same sentence.

NeutralThunder12

haha I just noticed that

its is first so i wont neg but......

come on

OFace
October 1st 2010

The bass on Long Distance Runaround makes me want to cream in my pants!

October 1st 2010

The bass in Yes makes me want to cream in my pants!

ffs
October 1st 2010

the best note that could possibly be played

October 1st 2010

One of the few great prog records.

YES A YES GUITAR SOLO

Hans the specialist

AnotherBrick

few?

October 1st 2010

I only really really like a few of them. Not saying its not a good genre, Im just kind of selective

October 1st 2010

I'd probably do a top 100 prog bands list, but it would be too sad for the 101st one.

AnotherBrick
October 1st 2010

for classic prog hans? or the entire genre?

pretty much the whole SHEBANG

Prog isn't very manly

cjgone
October 1st 2010

prog is what men listen to so its manly. last time you heard of a girl listening to prog? doesnt happen, not possible.

Jips
October 1st 2010

close to the edge is better... this still owns though

October 1st 2010

prog is what men listen to so its manly

Men also listen to Culture Club so therefore Boy George must be manly too