Ween
Pure Guava

good

by Bill Thomas USER (15 Reviews)
September 18th, 2010 | 11 replies | 9,076 views

Release Date: 1992 | Tracklist

Christian rock is truly a wonderful thing. It's so good to hear these god-fearing young men sing their praise to the lord with these really catchy and radio friendly hits. So often nowadays our kids are allowed to listen to the sort of satanic garbage that permeates through our radios! Justin Bieber sold his soul to satan so that he could grow a vagina! Is this the kind of filth that we want our children to listen to? No, so I submit to you, my fellow churchians these two god loving chaps, Gene and Dean Ween!

This is a comedy record. There is no getting around that label. And it's strange because this was their big-label debut. They had a hit with "Push Th' Little Daisies", and I can't possibly see that song on the radio because the radio is controlled by evil aliens who drive down lanes. Unlike their unbearably boring Pod album this album actually has some fast paced songs! I know! I'm scared too!

This album has prog rock, pop, country, and fast paced hillbilly stuff that I don't know the proper name for the genre, but genres are like peanuts, they're only use is to throw the shells into moving car engines to watch them explode into pieces of candy canes. mmmm peppermint. The Stallion, Pt. 3 is the most clear foreshadowing to what they would be doing in the future. While it does still have the grating sped-up vocals, it works with the background sound. Let me try to break it down for you.

Well they've been to praque
they've been to japan
but they don't worship god
they have bacon in the pan

they do prog on the stallion
neigh does it suck
With some daisies they do a little pop song
It was even a hit on M.T.V.

novelty is where it's at
just ask Big Jilm
he plays it off legit.

The goin get's tough from the getgo?
Listen to sarah
that bitch'll put you to sleep
She's so boring

Hey fat boy!
Asshole!
Don't get too close to my fantasy,
shove that pie down your hole.

NO I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR POOP SHIP DESTROYER!

Evanescence EvanescenceThey Might Be Giants Join Us
Ween 12 Golden Country GreatsDIR EN GREY MACABRE
Ween The PodWeen Chocolate and Cheese
Holland, 1945. (3.5)

bailar12
September 19th 2010

wouldnt be a ween album if there wasnt at least one song about a dick

deathofasalesman

foreverendeared

omg Ween rules

WatchItExplode
September 19th 2010

Bill Thomas kept his promise...do you write like one word a week though?

Ponton
March 10th 2012

Digging: Mimicking Birds - Mimicking Birds

random
February 19th 2013

"Mach 10 at sudden speed!"

ArsMoriendi
April 10th 2014

A 3? This is at least a 4 man.

Also this review kind of sucks and does little to actually inform people about the album. I get that Ween has a lot of
comedy and therefore a little humor in the review would be necessary, but this review is pretty bad. Sorry...

Digging: Laurie Anderson - Big Science

dannyboy89
April 10th 2014

Ehh, this is a fairly old review.

Maybe you should write a couple of Ween reviews Ars. I for one know nothing about this band other than the fact that people like you and Stallion like them.

Digging: The Mothers of Invention - One Size Fits All

ArsMoriendi
April 10th 2014

Yeah, based on this review. I feel an urge to write a better one for it.

I want to give Zappa's You Are What You Is a review first though, since it doesn't have one.

StallionMang
April 10th 2014

I feel like Ween would be a challenge to review without having to do a track-by-track, seeing as the songs are so varied and their overall sound is tough to pin down

Digging: Pixies - Trompe Le Monde