Morgen
Morgen

by Miltos Papayiannopoulos USER (2 Reviews)
September 5th, 2010 | 8 replies | 3,571 views

Release Date: 1969 | Tracklist

Review Summary: A psych rock classic.

It is usual phenomenon, as it seems, to discover the majority of gems of old raw and psychedelic sound in bands that have been impossibly short-lived. This collectivism has lent its name from the frontman and lead guitarist of the band, Steve Morgen. The record was released in 1969, that is to wit in a fully flowered decade for this genre as all betray (1965-1975).

The whole record climax indicts a live recording and, aye, there are many who long for alike sound scapes even nowadays. Hardly can the album cover predispose what's going to be heard. Edvard Munch's marvelous painting, "The Scream", ornates the mentioned release. If we spherically try to analyze this specific creation, we conclude to a beautiful psych rock album which could be easily memorized by a greater audience. Especially, each one of the tracks of this release is a masterpiece for the universal musical world with enviable performances which indiscriminately impassion the senses. The moody world of Morgen is openly shown and the band's sound reminds me of the recordings of unforgettable Jimi Hendrix. Songs like "Welcome to the Void", "Of Dreams" and "Purple" are already in the pantheon of electric music. Of course, the band's great ammunition is that they've composed inspired melodies which they managed to make as pleasing listenings through the whole chaotic labyrinth of their songs. This record will make up guaranteed pleasure to any vintage worshipper. Find this one and listen to this at any cost.

4.3

vanderb0b
September 5th 2010

You're new to Sputnik, so you probably don't know this yet, but it's against site etiquette to have more than one review on the front page at a time. I'll probably give this a listen because of the Munch artwork.

Deviant.
September 5th 2010

If we spherically try to analyze this specific creation,

What.......

Digging: L'Orange - The Orchid Days

Canyons of Static
September 5th 2010

almost as pretentious as his name

JackBaker
October 24th 2011

I really didn't expect to find this band on here! Really like this band. 'She's the Ninetime' is a fantastic track! I have no idea how these guys went without notice or critical acclaim.

JackBaker
October 24th 2011

December 24th 2013

goin to lose my miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind

man this rules

Digging: Picchio dal Pozzo - Picchio dal Pozzo

manosg
January 3rd 2014

^Excellent 60s psych. Thanks for the rec man.

Digging: Jan Akkerman - Tabernakel