Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin III

by morrison357 USER (8 Reviews)
October 5th, 2005 | 11 replies | 3,600 views

Release Date: 1970 | Tracklist

LED ZEPPELIN III-LED ZEPPELIN

In this album you start to see some different types of music being added to Zeppelin's rep. THere is some acoustic rock, folk rock, and of course some good old Led Zeppelin Jammin'. Some might not like this album, because it doesn't have some of the long, extravagent solos that most Zeppelin albums have, but the riffs on his acoustic are some of the best. What this album shows is the wide range of different genres of rock that they can play.

THE BAND
Robert Plant : vocals
Jimmy Page : guitars
John Paul Jones :bass, organ, mandaline
John "Bonzo" Bonham : drums, percussion

THE SONGS
1.) Immigrant song
This is a song that is played on th e radio a lot, and is a more well known song by zeppelin. It's the shortest song on the album at 2:23. It starts with Page just beltin' out the riff, and he does through the whole song. 4.5/5

2.) Friends
This is the first of many acoustic songs on the album. You can faintly hear Bonham playing the bongos. The songs about how important friends are, and how easy it is to be nice to people. It's one of my personal favorites on the album. 4/5

3.) Celebration Day
The song starts out with Page playing a fuzzy sounding, fast riff, Page sings a verse, then the whole band starts in. You hear the same fuzzy riff as you do in the beginning through the whole song. Page has a small solo in the middle, and at the end he has a small solo. 4/5

4.) Since I've Been Loving You
Here is my favorite song on the album. I think Zeppelin is just awesome when the play the blues. This song has the most guitar work by Page on the whole album. He's basically jammin through out the song. JPJ is playing the organ. Plant justs belts out the words, and it the song sound really good. This is the longest song on the album at 7:24. If you don't really like acoustic guitar, then buy the album just for this song. 5/5

5.) Out on the Tiles
This song is a pretty good song. It starts out with Page playing a really fast riff that sounds pretty cool. The riff he starts with is the riff that he plays at the beginning of black dog on How The West Was won.
4/5

6.) Gallows Pole
The second acoustic song of the album. Starts out with Page playin some chords that sound pretty good. Then after each time Plant sings the chorus the song speeds up. This song isn't up to par with some of the other acoustic songs on the album, but it's still a pretty good song. 4/5

7.) Tangerine
The second shortest song on the album at 2:57. It's another acoustic song, that I think is a very good song. there is a little solo in the middle of the song, then back to the country sounding song. 4.5/5

8.) That's the Way
This is a very good song, the fourth acoustic song on the album. JPJ plays a mandaline in this song, and it goes along very well with the song. There are no drums in this song, and I don't think this song would sound very good with drums. This song also sounds very good live. Probably the best acoustic song on the album. 5/5

9.) Bron-Y-aur stomp
This is a very Folky sounding song, that's very fast paced. I like it it's very happy, and upbeat. It start with just Page playing the acoustic. Then, Bonham comes in with the bass drum. After the first verse clapping starts, and continues through the rest of the song in the verses. 4.5/5

10.) Hats off to (Roy) Harper
This song has a very strange sounding guitar riff, but sounds kinda good. Some people really don't like this song, but it's not that bad, exaept I don't like Plant's vocals very much, I think they're kind of annoying. 3.5/5

Overall This is a very good album and I give it a final rating of 4.3/5. I'd say this album is for the kind of person that like a wide variety of genres, because this album has a little bit of everything. I wish they did more albums like this, because I like the acoustic part of the album a lot. The only down side to this album is that John Bonham doesn't have that much presence in this particular album like their other albums.
Hope you enjoy the review.

CYA