The Reptilian
We Have Become

by Nigel Klein USER (2 Reviews)
June 15th, 2010 | 5 replies | 3,498 views

Release Date: 2008 | Tracklist

Review Summary: 100% sick, The Reptilian has outdone themselves once again. "We Have Become" has set the bar high for future records. Constant progressions, and chord changes backed up by great vocals.

Great album. Hands down. The only thing I could ask for more out of this album is that there were more tracks. "We Have Become" displays catchy riffs and songs you can't help but sing along too. The album opens with the song "The One Thing I Could Never Stomach About Santa Carla Was All The Damn Vampires" (with a name like that it has to be good, right?) This track displays the bands versatility, by including multiple aspects of musical showmanship. For starters, the track opens with soft guitar riff, then progresses into an upbeat jam. From there the music takes you for a ride, slowing down, having constant sound and tempo changes and leaving you to wonder what is next. The track following, "I Sure Hope Ving Rhames Isn't In This One", is equally as solid. Hell, the whole album is solid. "Neptune or Mars... Or Neptune" is a nearly all instrumental track, which they feature in nearly every album they put out. Don't get me wrong, this is not a bad thing, by a long shot. "Let's Slip Away Under Cover of Afternoon In the Biggest Car In the County" is, sadly, the last track. This song may be the most upbeat on the album, with many transitions.

The Reptilian has a unique style, which is proven through this CD. Great guitar work (including bass), with chords and riffs that never get old, upbeat drums, and yelling vocals. When listening to "We Have Become", you can feel the energy. Definitely an album you can jam to and wont get old.

jangbanger

Spare

qweeeeee

skramzkid
November 25th 2012

This was never released on CD only digital, Only the first track and the third were released on a 4 way split cd with Lautrec/Boy problems/Osceola/The Reptilian split

Digging: Flowers In Gun Barrels - Discography