Radiohead
Kid A

by Adam Knott EMERITUS
May 25th, 2010 | 285 replies | 14,267 views

Release Date: 2000 | Tracklist

Review Summary: This is really happening. This is really happening.

The sky will stop moving around us and they'll extinguish the fireball; this decline will be no apocalypse. It'll be colder every dawn until the mountains freeze over. We'll shrink cell by cell until we're scared of the towering machines that surround us. We used to be in control of these demons. Something electronic and ominous drones behind us, and we don't even turn. The life is long gone; our eyes flicker back and forth in an anxious arrest of fear and paranoia, but nothing results from it. The revolution does not exist; the turning point has been forgotten. We're left with just the shadow, stretching over the city, of something detached, impersonal and haunting. Our apathy and terror has destroyed us and we deserve it.

The best you can is good enough. Nothing is good enough. These people are zombies, removed from their own desires and plugged into the great depression. You're a part of me, I'm a part of you, sister. Brother. We're both completely alone. The radio splutters looped ambience and tragic stories of something called humanity. We don't talk; we stare knowingly past each other, content to watch the things we built with our hearts crumble as the things we built with our greed replenish themselves. We asked for this; as soon as we gave ourselves to the cold we were too far gone ever to resurface in tact. We've waged war and cloned ourselves; soon, we'll divorce our friends and abandon our families.

We sleep at night somewhere in the void between total defeat and tangible misery, reaching painfully for either cliff and constantly falling towards a place where neither of them will matter. We'll wake up in the night and stay awake until the next day breaks, forcing ourselves to undergo the ritual of pretending we might, for just one night, be capable of dreaming something other than darkness. One day, we'll let go of all of this. We'll jump into a warm pool of dream-like surrender, disconnect to the sound of an organ that can hardly carry its own weight, and fade out. And then, you'll leave me on my own. And nobody will even notice.

Mumford and Sons BabelAbel (NY) Make It Right

Slum

Interesting, bravo sir

EVedder27
May 25th 2010

idk how people are going to react to this as a review, but it was pretty cool

May 25th 2010

yeah me neither. i was actually gonna leave this till my 100th review but i thought actually no ill save that for something good

Hyperstation
May 25th 2010

Haha, you neg'd your own review? Good writing, no doubt, but not a review in the slightest. I'll just pretend that the "review" part at the bottom isn't there and give you a pos

PuddlesPuddles
May 25th 2010

Still doesn't tell me who Radiohead is about

jk

album is pretty good, not their best and a tad annoying but good

BigHans

I like it.

this is really happening

Digging: Gal Costa - Gal Costa

FadeToBlack

^ i thought you were reading that MoP review :P

and uhh what is this i do not know

Nagrarok
May 25th 2010

And it's another 5 review for Kid A!

Interesting take...

May 25th 2010

i am just getting prepared

AliW1993
May 25th 2010

Ten 5* reviews... maybe I should listen to this again...

Eclectic
May 25th 2010

This was pretty cool, I'll pos'

BigHans
May 25th 2010

An interesting take on Kid A is by Chuck Klosterman in Killing Yourself to Live. He basicallly says Thom predicted 9/11 on Kid A subsconsiously. Its total BS of course, but interesting nontheless.

Satellite

20676 Comments

I'm 24 and what is this?

Digging: Dikembe - Mediumship

PuddlesPuddles
May 25th 2010

Its total BS of course, but interesting nontheless.

Kinda like this album

No but really, it's fine

Satellite

20676 Comments

What Hans said.

Hans, you listen to the Hold Steady and read Klosterman? I think we might be the same person.

Spec
May 25th 2010

Review is different... I like it, i'll pos.

robin
May 25th 2010

this is happening? drunk girls? what?

May 25th 2010

nah you can't rate your own reviews unfortunately

i got about two mentions of vaguely music-related metaphors into 3 paragraphs, if that's not worth a pos i don't know what is

and yeah another 5 review for this album, none of the others are this amazing or terrible though