An Albatross
The An Albatross Family Album

by bmsmcr USER (2 Reviews)
May 1st, 2010 | 5 replies | 1,155 views

Release Date: 2008 | Tracklist

Review Summary: WHAT!!!???!!!!

I am a huge Eyeball Records fan, I seem to like any band they sign. I was on their website when I came across An Albatross. I listened to the little sample track and found myself thinking "WHAT THE HECK"? My narrow minded self told me that what I just listened to was complete crap. Something in me kept on bringing me back to the bands page. I decided to finally just buy the album and give it a listen. The album arrived and I kinda just threw it aside. At 3:00 a.m. while playing Xbox Live and I was bored out of my mind and completely tired. I decided to throw the Family Album into my player. 5 Minutes later I was wide awake, completely not bored, and having the time of my life.

I have never taken drugs before, but I image it feels something along the lines of listening to this album. The band manages to add so many sounds and have so much going on, but still keep the core of the songs. I have no clue what any of the lyrics are but I find myself wailing and screaming along with the "noises" that are presented to me. Everything musically in this album is solid. The guitar's are interesting and ever changing and the drums and bass keep the core of the songs together. The keyboard's and other instruments add a great touch to the album and make it feel really deep.

When you put in this album keep an open mind. It opens with the great starter "Neon Guru" and quickly begins the ride that you are about to take. Next you are taken on a journey of strange sounds and spastic wailing. This album will stick with you for a long time. I find myself listening to it a WHOLE lot and every time it feels brand new and give me a great time. It's simply a fun album that you can enjoy and have a great time with