Tech N9ne
The Lost Scripts of K.O.D.

by Bulldog USER (114 Reviews)
March 31st, 2010 | 38 replies

Review Summary: Anger...madness...The Hole.

Even the names of the three sections this five track EP is split into perfectly describe it. The five beats that weren’t allowed to have songs written for them to be included into K.O.D. as a result of time limitations finally have some vocals recorded over them. These songs should have been on K.O.D., and with a vengeance, they combine forces to surpass their former excluder in quality.

Rather than being cockily observant of material possessions, Tech N9ne is reflective of raw, internal emotions. Typically dealing with feelings such as searing anger and solemn depression, Tecca Nina vocally expresses his negative energy in a variety of ways. His rapping styles range from furious howling (“Stress Relief”) to nonchalant, gloomy lulling (“Last Sad Song”) to showman-ly, uptempo flowing (“00N9NA.”)

The main difference between The Lost Scripts of K.O.D. and its predecessor K.O.D. is its spectacular run time (clocking in at barely under twenty minutes) and the superior quality of the instrumentals. While K.O.D. had some mediocre beats and some mild filler, The Lost Scripts of K.O.D. is technically and instrumentally solid throughout. The subtle, muted electronic bounce of “00N9A” serves as a nice foil to the rainy-day pianos, dark violins, and suspenseful percussion of “Pain Killer” and the thumping drums and angry strings of “Like I Died.”

At one point, Tech N9ne iterates “There’s no meds for me/It’s just lead for me/Any light left in me is too dead to see,” and thus, successfully conveys not only his mood, but the album’s mood as well. Dark, angst-y, and unhappy, The Lost Scripts of K.O.D. is a more than effective follow up to its precursor, and a successful promotion ploy deployed by Strange Music.

Young L DOMO-KUNRaekwon Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang
Lupe Fiasco LasersSaigon The Greatest Story Never Told
MF DOOM Operation: DoomsdayLil B Angels Exodus

ButcheredChildren
March 31st 2010

its good for an EP, i'll give it that, definately up there along side Boondox's "Punkinhead" EP

March 31st 2010

I felt more compelled to review this than Wu-Massacre. I'm feeling super unmotivated recently. This is cracking my 2010 Hip-Hop Top 5.

south_of_heaven 11
March 31st 2010

more Tech N9ne? Awesome, I'm not complaining. K.O.D. was nasty.

March 31st 2010

00N9NA is the best song on here, easily.

March 31st 2010

its techa n9ne homie what you talkin bout'. phenomenal rapper, and it doesnt matter if hes a juggalo cuz he is still good

Some Juggaloes are cool.

some

yes some.

even though they suck, the kottonmouth kings new member the dirtball is fing insane. did you listen to his solo album yets? wu-massacre

March 31st 2010

no. i didnt listen to the dirtball.

wu massacre = 3/5. review coming soon.

combustion07

I've only given this one listen so far, cool stuff probably a 3.5

March 31st 2010

im writing a wu-massacre review too. how about we get just a regualr wu-tang clan album insttead. tech n9ne album is hella tight

March 31st 2010

I've never read any of your reviews (I'm not a fan of the hippity hop), but Tech N9ne is cool.

Digging: Skrew - Universal Immolation

March 31st 2010

yea i remember you commenting on my K.O.D. review

what do you think of the review Trey?

March 31st 2010

Oh, was that you. Then I guess I lied about never reading any of your other reviews.

It's not bad. You seem to structure some of your sentences in a weird way (IMO). The first two sentences are big examples of that. An easier example is this:

The Lost Scripts of K.O.D. is solid technically and instrumentally throughout.

To me, this just sounds better: The Lost Scripts of K.O.D. is technically and instrumentally solid throughout.

changed.

April 1st 2010

You didn't have to change it. I was just using it as an example of what I was talking about.

April 1st 2010

willie fist yer butt lulz

album kills

LEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JENKINS!!"

April 1st 2010

You didn't have to change it.

i know, but i felt it would be best if i did.

Powerban
April 1st 2010

Tech is awesome. I should try reconnect.

ElutheriusAveilien
April 1st 2010

This sounds like it'd be my cup of tea.

HenchmanOfSanta
April 1st 2010

I've never listened to Tech N9ne outside of one song in Madden 2006 that was pretty good. He's got tons of material, but does it matter if I start with this?

Digging: Godflesh - A World Lit Only By Fire