Dot Dot Curve
Til the Wheels Fall Off

1.5
very poor

by DropdeadWHA USER (41 Reviews)
March 25th, 2010 | 66 replies

Review Summary: Seriously, DDC shame music in every shape and form; this isn't music anymore it's just horrible, horrible noise. Spanky and Jayreck need to grow up and realise that they're sh*t. Simple as.

Dot Dot Curve are obviously the coolest duo around because their name resembles a smiley ':)', however after listening to this duo your smiley will turn into a frown ':('. Dot Dot Curve are appalling. FACT.
DDC have been round for a few years now, and it's made up of two people; both who are 'scene kids', sadly they're not kids, they're fully grown young men...it's quite sad.
So the duo are: Spanky; he does all the 'vocals', 'screams' and various other noises, his name is completely original and cool...not. The second of the duo would be Jayreck, which originates from people calling him DJ 'Reckage when he was at high school, he makes the beats and occasionally features; more so on their newer songs.

This is going to be painful for you and me, so I'll make it quick.
So there's 14 songs on this album and they're all equally as bad, the production quality of this album is pretty good and the artwork is just odd.
All 14 songs are pretty much explicit and about how cool Spanky is and how his the 'sex' and pretty 'gangster' stuff like that, none of the songs are good lyircally, the songs have been recorded/performed terribly to the point of no talent shining through what so ever.
Each song sounds similar with the autotuned vocals, the poor screaming that actually hurts my ears and the amount of distortion is unreal, it leads me to believe and I feel its all too true that Spanky has no real talent. Jayreck does the beats and there not too bad, they're all similar; nothing groundbreaking.

Some of the songs are catchy in a stupid way like 'Rocket Ship To The Moon' which is where Spanky just repeats "I'ma take my rocket ship to the moon like wooah, like woahh. Zoom on my rocket ship, zoom on my rocket ship" combine that with a funky little beat and it'll stay with you for a while.

Most of the songs are absolutely horrific, I mean they're so awful! A good example would be 'Crunkamof*kkalicious' with the vocals being barely audible. The song simply shouldn't exist. Lyrically it's just ridiculous, nonsensical garbage. There's no point discussing much else because this record is the same inside out: terrible vocals, terrible lyrics and okay at best, beats.

Personally I do not see how this duo got signed, I really don't understand it; I'm sure its all to do with money and when Standby Records have made a profit they'll drop DDC or something like that. ANYWAY! The album is just rubbish apart from the odd catchy beat or two, my advice to Spanky; GET A REAL JOB, and Jayreck maybe you should keep the beat making as a hobby, not a living.
Dot Dot Curve doesn't deserve anything but the bin.