Cam'ron
Boss of All Bosses II

by Bulldog USER (114 Reviews)
January 19th, 2010 | 21 replies | 7,086 views

Review Summary: Despite a parasitic DJ and a tag-along (practically non-existent) MC, Cam kills this tape. Boss of All Bosses 2 is a musical garden with quotables ripe for the picking.

Cam’ron is regarded by many (including his fans) as a self parody. He popularized “no homo,” was one of the first rappers to start the now-corroded swagger movement, defeated Bill O’Reilly in a debate about the corruptive ability of rap on youth, and makes up words just because he can. Cam’ron is the funny man’s kind of rapper, and easily retains the listener’s interest on Boss of All Bosses 2 with his blizzardous, pompous rapping.

Silly Cam’ron gets an A+ in the lyrical department, giving you your pick of goofy coke musings (“Like Sylvester, I’m bird chasin,”) or hilarious boasts (“They tell me I’m the one like Neo on the first Matrix,”) and he hits the nail on the head seemingly every time. To further enhance the comicality of Boss of All Bosses 2 Cam’s arrogant delivery; fun, at times intricate flow, and somewhat deep, cocky, and (at times) rough voice send the funny level through the roof, as they perfectly compliment Cam’s lyrics.

Killa Cam tries his hand at all different sorts of beats, succeeding with each beat. While there’s nothing absolutely epic that will top your favorite beats of all time list, there’s definitely some really cool stuff. The rapid Nintendo keyboard-and-synth assault of Point the Finger is great, as is the slowed down Tetris theme song beat (with enhancements) of Whistle or the orchestra’s symphony on Intro.

But, for some odd reason, this mixtape is lesser than the sum of its parts. The skits certainly don’t help the cohesiveness of the album; the last one-third of the album falls off, resulting in the mixtape going out in a quiet whimper (despite Whistle); and the entire mixtape, though entertaining and great for several dozen chuckles, as you would expect, fails to send the listener into a deeper train of thought or mindset. Not to mention a seeming ghost MC (Vado, only appearing on choruses) and an idiot DJ (curse you, Drama) sort of raise some questions about one’s feelings about the album after a complete listen. So, while it still wouldn’t be a classic, Boss of All Bosses 2 fails to be superb because of a few minor setbacks that cumulate to a major one. Boss of All Bosses 2 is an excellent mixtape, equivalent to a final draft of an A paper – pretty darn good, but ends up a B+ because of the lack of revisions.

Young L DOMO-KUNRaekwon Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang

Purple Haze

I love Cam'ron, no homo.

cirq
January 19th 2010

sold. im getting this now.

January 19th 2010

Yay I convinced someone! Haha. Here's the link bro.

It's sponsored too, which means you need not join to download.

erasedcitizen
January 19th 2010

I really haven't enjoyed anything he did since Purple Haze but then again, he usually has a knack for surprising me.

January 19th 2010

I like this tape. Whistle is cool and so is the Intro, the album starts off cool, and ends cool, but the last parts of the album aren't that great.

JizzInMyPants
January 20th 2010

"defeated Bill O’Reilly in a debate"

nobody owned anyone

January 20th 2010

You're done for the night.

January 20th 2010

I think Bill O'Reilly got pwn'd, indicated by his getting angered and yelling

JizzInMyPants
January 20th 2010

ok, they made bill look bad alittle (bill was rude to barge in on them.....suppose to be a moderator) but i wouldnt say pwned or defeated, the rebuttals that one guy put out was lame.....he was comparing a rapper to a reporter? last time i checked a reporter doesn't make money off sold items or try to sell an image. That little mini debate between them went no where

January 20th 2010

True, true, but reporters DO get paid and there is corruption in reporting.

January 20th 2010

after watching the "debate" again, it seems that the biggest jackasses to come out of it were cam'ron and damon dash. they made some valid points but overall they failed to understand what the debate was on and why they were even there to begin with.

January 20th 2010

Hm, maybe it's my bias against hard-core republicans (Bill O'Reilly) and my favoring of rappers in Rappers v. Media

January 20th 2010

yeah i don't like bill o'reilly either but it was just embarrassing to see how childish killa and dame were acting throughout the whole argument.

January 20th 2010

Yea. "U MAAAAAD!" and "I GOT DIRT ON YOU DAWGIE."

I think Damon was a little bit more serious than Cam, but Cam is a goofball.

true dat.

Nevertheless, awesome tape.

illmitch

still need to get this

January 21st 2010

That's the D/L link, it's sponsored for a short time, which means you don't have to join DatPiff if you don't have an account, and if you do, then it doesn't take away from your daily download count.

bapstain
February 3rd 2010

vado doesn't just appear on choruses, hes a good emcee just not enough presence

February 5th 2010

Therein the problem lies.