Bowling for Soup
Sorry for Partyin'

by Mike Sabbath USER (2 Reviews)
December 14th, 2009 | 14 replies | 6,713 views

Review Summary: Bowling for Soup do what they do best make a fun Album

Sorry for Partyin’ is BFS 7th Album and it’s what you would expect. The hype started when the first single “My Wena” was released. This had to be the smartest move by a band in a long time. First, long time BFS fans heard this and jumped for joy that the BFS they all knew and loved was not changing. Second, What a great way to show new fans what you’re all about. The Song is great, using Wena as a name, but he is talking about a wena ha-ha get it?

The Other Single "No Hablo Ingles" also reassures that BFS has not changed but is also a great song. Jared Sneaks in a serious lyric “My mom gets mad cause I never call my dad on his birthday” Into a feel good song which works nicely. After those two upbeat songs we get “Only Young” and “I Don’t wish you were dead anymore”. Only Young is a good track for any teenager and I don’t wish you were dead anymore gives us a song about a subject not covered before. Well at least not like BFS tells it. “BFFF” is clearly the best song on the record, Even if you don’t buy the record you need to buy this song. The song addresses a best friend relationship which has also not been covered before. "Me With No You" is the classic girl/sad song on most records which has become a must have. I hate this song but it’s catchy so I can live with it. “Hooray for Beer” is another fun song; “America (Wake Up Amy)” is there only political song on the record. Very catchy chorus, overall great addition to record. “If Only” is a weak track saved by the funny Phone Dialogue. “I Gotchoo” is the second best track cause is freaking awesome. Catchy song , makes you feel good, we need more songs like that. “Love Goes Boom” is there and it’s ok. “I Can’t Stand LA” is perfect for BFS, the lyrics are funny and the song completes the experience a great way to end the album. WAIT! There’s more the hidden, awesome secret, special song “Belgium Polka” Did not see this coming at all, I love polka music so this was a gem in the rough to find. A definite listen.

Overall this album is worth about $11.99 No more.

P.S If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say it

dylantheairplane
December 14th 2009

superb really? I might have to listen to this and see if your correct.

Some 1st review critique: Its too short, you tell about the tracks but you don't describe them in
anyway. Thats why the review super short too. It has no body or structure.
But don't worry, everyone does it at least once.

oh and don't post pictures of your stomach as your profile picture, its weird.

cvlts

most likely not.

review is adequete, if a bit short though what can be said bout bfs?

Prophet179
December 14th 2009

7th album?! Man, these guys really took that one hit wonder money far.

haha i like this album

Cesar
December 15th 2009

First thought when reading the band's name- "If I ever have a band I'm going to call it 'Chicken Soup for the Bowl'. "

intothepit83
December 15th 2009

i'm hoping this guy isn't serious

December 15th 2009

I feel obliged to listen to this. I loved 1985 and Almost.

Digging: My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

BigHans
December 15th 2009

The video for My Wena is hilarious. I like this kind of music in certain situations.

December 15th 2009

of course he's serious! this is supposed to be catchy comedic pop-punk, and it certainly succeeds at such

bassguitar245
March 6th 2010

Opened for these guys in Charlotte. They are hilarious! They are not that bad live either. They were pretty tight musically.

Crymsonblaze
December 4th 2010

This album blows chunks. I like A Hangover You Don't Deserve, it's a very solid (if sometimes annoying) album. But nothing else they've done does it for me.

AliW1993
December 4th 2010

Drunk Enough To Dance is their best imo. I struggle to make it through any of their other records in full.

December 5th 2010

Bfff

ChoccyPhilly
August 5th 2014

My wena is lonely tonight

Digging: Limbonic Art - Moon In The Scorpio