Alice Cooper
Love It To Death

by whatduffhuck7 USER (7 Reviews)
August 23rd, 2005 | 8 replies

Release Date: 1971 | Tracklist

im goin back to edit this entire album, becuase the first one was pretty weak

This Classic was released in Jan 1971. this is the first album that bob ezrin was a part of as producer. the 1st 2 albums where more psychedelic rock, this on more of what alice cooper is known for. the great ballads, amazing vocals, and diversity in the music.

Alice cooper is the creator of "shock Rock" which many followers have been rising into. (exp... Marilyn Manson) this was the 2nd alice cooper cd i listend to, the first being killer, and the song that caught my attention instantly was ballad of dwight fry. such a amazing song and can see myself listening to it for years to come.

This album has many different styles of music, the classic 70's rock (im eighteen, caught in a dream, its my body), the more tribal style like black juju, and balladss like ballad of dwyight fry.

This album was just the beggening of alice cooper, later came other great masterpieces like killer, schools out, billion dollar babies. and love it to death was the first to have bob ezrin appear on, which helped cooper focus on his songwrighting, and playing. and the also make there violent, shocking, live proformance from many of the songs on this cd. for example, alice sang the ballad of dwight fry in a straight jacket, becuase thats what the song is about, being in a mental institute. not one of the concert songs but well worth a mention is Black JuJu. a tribal song with great drums. this song might of fit better on killer to be paired with songs like dead babies, killer, and halo of flies. all of which are longer songs. which some people might not have the patience to listen too, which is a BIG mistake.

Album Pro's
- Bob ezrin produces, and you can hear the difference
- more diversity in the music than earlier albums
- helped create there much respected live proformance
- along with killer, Great drums in this album
- Vocals, as ussual with alice, amazing

Album Con's
- some of the songs are a bit short
- although exrin is on board, production quality not as good as modern music
- cd booklet is weak (for the people who still buy music)

Recomended Songs
- Im eighteen
- Blallad of Dwight Fry
- Cuaght in A Dream
- Black JuJu

Hopefully this is better than my first one, please respond.

Russian Circles EnterPorcupine Tree Up the Downstair
Katatonia Viva EmptinessAmon Amarth The Crusher
Pro-Pain The Truth HurtsQuo Vadis Day Into Night
4.2
Conor (4)
Now this is more like the Alice Cooper we all know...

Rudd13
August 23rd 2005

Mate.This Message Edited On 03.21.06

MFMcD57
August 24th 2005

Terribly written review but it is a great album. But folk should buy Killer first!This Message Edited On 08.24.05

Glitterati
December 23rd 2005

Good to see some more Alice Cooper respect here.

I feel like I'm the only die hard Alice Cooper fan on this site

whatduffhuck7
March 5th 2006

please comment on my changes, and show some respect to this masterpiece of a album

DangerBird
March 18th 2006

This is a pretty good CD, but Sun Arise pisses me the funk off. Black Juju goes on for too long too. The rest of the album is killer though.

Condor
March 21st 2006

Right on! Alice rules, not a bad review, flawless album

LepreCon
August 29th 2009

I can't wait for my review to be better than this piece of crap one. Negged