Xardas
Chapter I

1.0
awful

by Meatplow USER (111 Reviews)
November 4th, 2009 | 20 replies

Release Date: 1996 | Tracklist

The sound of television in the background as the junkie ties the strap around his upper arm and clenches it in his teeth, inserting the syringe into the vein of his wrist. He pushes it down, the blood flows into needle and the sweet, sweet pleasure rolls its way into his bloodstream. Numbness, an emotional blank. The comedy show on television and its canned laughter is very distant now, and as time passes a man in the corner of the room plugs in an electric guitar and plays a few fuzzy notes. The stimulating nature of this dissonance between silence and the television in the background cannot be understated, the relationship between sound sharpened to a point with this acute, beautiful awareness. This is perfection.

The man continues to play his guitar as the never quite so haunting comedy show continues to be heard, somewhere, somehow. He is not a particularly proficient player but this does not matter in this myopic haze, the fuzzy, burnt out timbral quality to his guitar and what it is doing to the particles in the air reveals something that should be obvious but isn't, that the only true perfection is in imperfection. This notion feels so clear as the guitar, television and their relationship with the silence between them work together to create their own unusual symphony, something very private, very profound but never to be appreciated by those who could never understand. This is tunnelvision, staring towards the light at the end of the tunnel whilst doped up in a chair and Mr. Myagi's Magic (but gloomy) melodies play to the heavens.

Or is it just really some guy jamming on guitar whilst watching some TV over in Lebanon, I don't know.

Moevot AbgzvoryathreKate Bush Hounds of Love
Zoviet France botanical slimmingSPK Machine Age Voodoo
7 From Life Sting of The Honey SpiderCromagnon Orgasm
1.5
very poor

download here

cvlts
November 4th 2009

i dont know what to make to this tbh

all i know is that im not gonna be listening to this lulz

MassiveAttack
November 4th 2009

I assume you mean 1 for the best. I'll just assume.

Crysis
November 4th 2009

Sounds like shit. A TV and some guitar? No thanks.

Digging: Swallowed - Lunarterial

hydeyomoney

what is this?

November 4th 2009

I sort of like it in a crummy lo-fi sense.

Plus it's only 15 minutes long. It could be worse.

MrHotMoms
November 4th 2009

if it could be worse, than why did you rate it a one?

November 4th 2009

Because its still one of the worst things i've ever heard.

MassiveAttack
November 4th 2009

Sigh...people really can't read can they Meatplow? If they just read my comment they'd be set.

Yeah.

Take it this way, i've been listening to Brenoritvrezorkre all morning and this makes their work look like Mozart.

fromtheinside
November 4th 2009

this sounds like it could have been very interesting like interactive music or something, but.....................

Digging: Devin Townsend Project - Z2

Lambda
November 4th 2009

Lol I downloaded this... this is weird.

Lambda
November 4th 2009

I actually like some of the riffs here, but it's way to repetitive and the album, or whatever this is, is way too short at only 15:37. Plus, what's with the TV?

November 4th 2009

The goblin eyes on the tape cover are staring at you

Jim
November 5th 2009

If you or someone you know has an addiction to drugs, please call your nearest help-line, or visit our website at http://www.lifeline.org.au

Together, we will fight this.

November 5th 2009

I want to get high and listen to this now.

rasputin
November 5th 2009

Reminds me of what a friend and I did a few weekends ago - got totally blazed, whipped out our guitars and amps and filled two sides of a tape of jamming. We've jammed before so we had a few things going together, but that probably made up 1/8 of the entire tape, the rest was just incoherent notes or the two of us trying to play entirely different things.

Zizzer

I may download this.

...maybe

November 5th 2009

Sounds like me in high school.

SadAndHolyGlow
October 9th 2013

Nice review. Funny, in some weird way.