Shout Out Louds
Howl Howl Gaff Gaff

by Evan Ruffino USER (1 Reviews)
October 30th, 2009 | 7 replies | 4,967 views

Release Date: 2005 | Tracklist

Review Summary: When you listen to Shout Out Louds, you have to take it all in. You need to realize it for what it is, they are an Indie band from Sweden. Don't expect to hear shredding, expect to hear a low key album that has a lot of meaning under the surface..

When I want to hear an album that sums up Indie Pop, I listen to this album.
They aren't technical or musically smart. They are just another average Indie band, with nothing really special about it.
But then you listen to the CD more and more, and you find that it is a lot deeper than you think, talking about life and friends and everything else.
I want to quote a line here: Everyone's got someone/ I got none/ But everyone's got someone/ I got no one/ And I try to find out/ What to do with my life.
Adam's voice truly is amazing for the type of music they play.

They start it out with "The Comeback" and this song hooked me at first, but after listening to the CD more, I don't like it as much. It seems like it is a fake song about nothing just trying to catch your attention. But it is catchy nonetheless.
"Very Loud" is loved by most people that have listened to this album, and I love it too. It has a driving beat that you can't ignore.
Then "Oh, Sweetheart" a great song! Wow, the lyrics and the way it all goes together is great. This is one of the strongest songs on the whole album.
"A Track And A Train" shows the more apathetic sound of Shout Out Louds, and the album only has a couple songs on this album like this, but those songs are the jems.
"Go Sadness" a great song as well, but it lacks any indivdiuality from the rest of the album. It seems like this song just goes with the "static on a whole." Nothing special, but good; very good.
"Please Please Please" this song is very good. It has another driving beat, and it hooks you from the beginning.
"100 Degrees" this song has the biggest poppy influnce on the whole CD. You can hear the synth as the most prominent instrument. I like it and most people who like synth orientated Indie will love this song.
"There's Nothing" my favorite song on the album. It has a great beat and I like what he does with the guitar; even if it is simple. Sometimes, simplicity is what I look for in music and not Dragon Force.
"Hurry Up, Let's Go" this one is another poppy song, it is good, just not original.
"Shut Your Eyes" and "Seagull" are two great songs to end the CD. I love both a lot.

natey (2.5)
Howl Howl Gaff is monotonous at best; it has its moments, but they're too few and far between....

Optica

Work

Our Ill Wills

October 30th 2009

awesome CD

Digging: The Bilinda Butchers - Heaven

a5thdiad
October 31st 2009

just started listening, never heard of these guys...so far, very pleasant!

October 31st 2009

our ill wills, their second album, is really amazing, but this is a good starter

thatoneguy726
February 15th 2010

I found "The Comeback" in the trailer for the freakin' amazing movie from which my avatar originates.

SeaAnemone

19726 Comments

ah I forgot I used to listen to this band! ... mysteriously disappeared from my iTunes though. There was one REALLY great song, it might have been on their other album though.

Digging: Towers - Bel Air Highrise Plantation

February 15th 2010

i bet you're thinking of "impossible" off our ill wills, so good. they have a new album coming out later this month i got a review for

ExcentrifugalForz
February 26th 2013

Has this cd been out long enough to call it a classic?

the local radio station used to play this front to back all at once