Genocide Organ
Leichenlinie

by Meatplow USER (111 Reviews)
June 13th, 2009 | 10 replies | 4,831 views

Release Date: 1989 | Tracklist

:Leichenlinie: is the first LP from German industrial noise act Genocide Organ, a group notorious for racist themes, violent imagery and transgressive performances whose discography is almost entirely out of print save a couple of their later works (only 291 copies of this album were ever made). It's title is supposedly a German term for "line of corpses", the sheer brutality of the image of dead soldiers present on the album cover a strong indicator of the type of music we are in for.

This is noise at it's most provocative and finest, from the synth laden drone of Ave Satani to closer Keiner Kommt Zurück, Genocide Organ have mastered the art of manipulating subtle noise frequencies into something utterly captivating. Mind Control/Klaus Barbie is the first prime example of this, its abstract distortion and effects laden vocals lending something of a restrained anger, an attempt at catharsis threatening to blow at any minute. Instead of this anticipated climax however at 4:59 the second part of the track (presumably Klaus Barbie) takes something of a left turn, with an infectious rhythm to it's white noise pulsating up and down in time to some percussion elements it is a completely thrilling moment.

Come Orgasm and Negros In Sky War follow a similar suit to Mind Control/Klaus Barbie, with a focus on harsh, brittle textures that manage to form a curious pattern in their repetition. 1.. 2.. Tot is a little more subdued, featuring a constant low pitched note trapped in an awkward rhythm it stumbles around with cut-off noise frequencies, metallic sounds and samples of explosions colouring it as some angry german vocals shout from behind the din in a most terrifying manner. Stalin's Orgeln is equally menacing, driven by a pulsating, wobbling kick drum and based around harsh percussion elements that sound like scraping sheet metal on concrete and steel drums being thrown around it holds up to the high standards set by the rest of the release. Face of Horror and Keiner Kommt Zurück are a little quieter then the rest of the album, but its ambient drone provides a very nice "calm before and after the storm" dynamic. If it wasn't for these, in context of the entire album what Genocide Organ have created here might just swallow us whole.

:Leichenlinie: is absolutely terrifying, make no mistake. From it's front cover to the music itself to the intentions of the group who made it this is nothing more then completely unsettling business. :Leichenlinie: is also completely thrilling, not a single moment feels like it has gone to waste. It is the worst kind of nightmare, one that is attractive in it's sinful allure. Burn in hell, those who tread here.

Moevot AbgzvoryathreKate Bush Hounds of Love
Zoviet France botanical slimmingSPK Machine Age Voodoo
7 From Life Sting of The Honey SpiderCromagnon Orgasm

Lambda
June 13th 2009

Good review. I may check this out, but the Merzbox is keeping me occupied at the moment.

Digging: Dog Fashion Disco - Adultery

ThusSpokeZarathustra
June 13th 2009

So far I have ‘Remember’ and ‘In-Konflikt’ by these guys. It’s certainly pretty brutal stuff. I love their use of samples and how they get one thinking by constantly poking at modern day values, issues such as American imperialism that go outside the thought process of so many people today.
Anyways, great review. This sounds like an album I really need to check out.

Meatplow

haha. i'll see you in say, 10 years time then

Anyways, great review. This sounds like an album I really need to check out.

Remember is very good. That is a strong appeal of most power electronics/noise to me ;-) This is certainly one of the best i've heard.

ThroneOfAgony
May 3rd 2012

What a fucked up album, but it's certainly not bad.

Havey

rip meatplow

treeqt.
September 2nd 2013

are you telling me that this is GREAT

Digging: Luigi Nono - A Pierre; Quando stanno morendo;