Haste the Day
When Everything Falls

by guitaristBC7 USER (6 Reviews)
July 15th, 2005 | 91 replies

Release Date: 2005 | Tracklist

Haste the Day signed with Solid State and released their debut album "Burning Bridges" with songs such as Substance and The Closest Thing To Closure. They followed up with their sophmore release of "When Everything Falls" which comes out June 28, 2005. They consist of metal, hardcore, and screaming. Similar bands include It Dies Today, Atreyu, Across Five Aprils, and From Autumn to Ashes.

Haste the Day is:

Jimmy Ryan-Vocals
Devin Chaulk-Drums
Brennan Chaulk-Guitar
Jason Barnes-Guitar
Mike Murphy-Bass

1. Fallen
This is a great song to start off this cd. The drums kick in and then comes the distorted guitars followed up by the screaming coming from Ryan. The best part is the breakdown after the chorus where ryan yells "you've been alone for far too long time to return" it repeats the same riff then comes in this awsome guitar solo to top this song off. 4.5/5

2. The Perfect Night
The song starts off with the drums then the guitars follow in and then the vocals come in. It has some pretty good breakdowns but nothing that stands out. 3/5

3. Walk On
Very good guitar work starting off the song between the rhythm and lead. It leads into the chorus where you can hear some backing vocals while Ryan sings the chorus. Then comes in this quick and crazy guitar riff which leads into another breakdown. This follows into Ryan saying "walk on pass me never say my name again" and then starting to scream it leading into the chorus and ennding this song.

4. When Everything Falls
Starts off with the palm muting of the rhythm guitar then comes in the lead guitar. Following it comes in this catchy gutiar riff which continues for the rest of the first verse. It leads into the chorus which is well built singing the title of the album. The second verse is almost the same as the first. After the chorus again comes this distored guitar playing palm mutes and then out of now where comes a clean guitar playing a very cathcy riff and in the background you can here whistling to the same rhythm as the chorus. 4/5

5. If I Could See
Good guitar work on the intro and verse but the chorus is probably the best. The chorus is one of the strongest parts on this song. The same riff as the first verse is repeated for the second. Then Ryan starts to sing before the chorus which you don't here much. Usually the singing is done on the chorus mainly. This is a very good song not as hardcore as some of the others but they did a good job on the vocals. 5/5

6. Walls and Fears
The song kicks off with palm muting guitars in the intro and verse. The chorus has good vocals and pretty good guitar work as well. The second verse is just the same as the first. After the chorus sings for the rest of the song until the last few seconds. This is probably the best part of the song. 3.5/5

7. For a Lifetime
This is one of the best songs on the cd. It starts off with the guitars playing this catchy riff that leads into some palm muting and then goes back to the same riff. Folling it up comes them yelling "We will forever stay united we won't back down and we will not stop fighting." After that they repeat the same riff but differently adding hammer-ons and pull-offs this time making it 100% percent better and leading this up to the outro with the volcals and the palm muting by the guitar ending a great song. 5/5

8. This Time It's Real
This is one of the more hardcore songs on the album. With very good guitar work between the rhythm and lead. The chorus fits in pretty good with the rest of the song. 3.5/5

9. Bleed Alone
This is the most hardcore on the song. It has crazy, thrashing, perfects guitar riffs following with insane breakdowns. If you are looking for any sort of singing you won't find any on this song. With all the screaming and distorted guitars playing the one bad thing about this song is it is very short barely reaching over 2:00 long. 4/5

10. InstruMETAL
This an acoustic song but not a very good one it's just one riff with some errie singing coming. 2/5

11. All We Have
The song starts off with some good work by the lead guitar and then leads another catchy riff and then switches back. It leads up to an okay chorus and then turns back to the same riffs that are played in the intro and first verse and repeats into the chorus. 3.5/5

12. Long Way Down
This song stands out the most on the whole album the reason is I don't think there is one bit of screaming or anything hardcore on this song. Although there is some good stuff about this song like the intro which has some good guitar work and it also has a pretty good guitar solo too. Not bad for like a pop punk song. 3/5

This is a great album to have if your a fan of this kind of music I would give this a 3.5/5. Rate this review please.

Led Zeppelin Best Of, Vol. 1: Early DaysUnderoath The Changing of Times
Hidden In Plain View Life in DreamingMy Chemical Romance I Brought You My Bullets...
A Static Lullaby ...And Don't Forget to Breathe
Justin Taslak (2)
I love Haste the Day. I hate When Everything Falls....

AILD724 (4)
A unique album from one of the most original metalcore bands....

Nick Habisch (3)
Haste the Day falls to the sophomore slump....

July 15th 2005

way too generic...this album was kind of a let down for me. all the songs have the same general structure...and although haste the day can pull it off, i just got lost in the cd and found it out've my cd player in 1.5 weeks. id give it a 3/5...decent album but nothing stellar.

July 15th 2005

Agreed, I found that most of the album followed the same formula: Verses that were screamed followed by cleanly sung choruses. It reminded me a lot of the new Killswitch Engage record. I'd give it a 3/5.

August 6th 2005

Im going to check them out

August 22nd 2005

They're a Zao and Killswitch Engage ripoff.

September 16th 2005

October 22nd 2005

I was just introduced to this band yesterday, these guys are supposed to be playing in my town on the 2nd and I was wondering if they were a good group to check out.

December 24th 2005

the dude who wrote the review of this album doesnt even know what hes talking about...on 'when everything falls,' in the clean part, theres singing... not whistling... haste the day is an awesome band... awesome live... awesome album (although it is pretty generic and structured)... still sounds good and im a loyal fan of the guys... sad to see jimmy go... and btw this is their third album... not second... i hate stupid peopleThis Message Edited On 12.24.05

February 3rd 2006

you hate stupid people? hmm

March 12th 2006

ok album, ok review. i wasn't that impressed.

May 19th 2006

ya it wasnt that great compared to burning bridges, it sounds sooooooo much better live. anyone know what their new lead singer sounds like? they havnt come to my area yet since he joined, and whats with the guy who wrote the report on this album? he has no clue what hes talking about... whistling... what a boob, maybe they shoulda had someone who had actualy listened to the whole thing do the report... and what he doesnt seem to get is that : THERE IS PALM MUTING IN EVERY ONE OF THEIR SONGS! NO NEED TO ANNOUNCE IT! THATS WHAT MAKES THEM HASTE THE DAY!!!! haha

May 19th 2006

Too generic and way to KsE, but Fallen is quite a good song. They totally killed Long Way Down though, and the Goo Goo Dolls should track them down and make Robbie sing a dozen songs at them as revenge.

May 20th 2006

im not really a big fan of the goo goo dolls, but ya i agree they killed that song for sure

May 25th 2006

new singer is good but i like jimmy better i saw them with bleeding through, btbam ,everytime i die a few weeks ago

June 4th 2006

i like zao but didnt like the clean vocals but these guys pull off the growling AND singing brilliantly, have yet to buy this album but will soon

June 8th 2006

Wow this band is way generic. I just cannot get into this at all.

June 10th 2006

This is one of my favorite CDs, one of the best screaming bands that i've heard.

Decent review, but you left out that Long Way Down is a remake that was written by the Goo Goo Dolls on their album 'A Boy Named Goo'.This Message Edited On 06.10.06

July 20th 2006

i like this album, it's pretty good, the guitar work is probably what you would get if you mixed KsE and FFaF, so i like it.

August 4th 2006

Not my favorite screaming album, but the guitar work is pretty good. They tried too hard in my opinion, to contrast the screaming and the clean nice vocals on the choruses.

August 19th 2006

the screamer is awsome

August 19th 2006

You just opened Pandora's Box.