SSS
The Dividing Line

by RATCHET SKANK 777 USER (203 Reviews)
December 11th, 2008 | 21 replies

Release Date: 2008 | Tracklist

Review Summary: A thrashing, crossover assault for the A.D.D ridden youth. Like to smash apples with your forehead? Dropkick mailboxes? Vizualizing yourself as the next coming of METAL!? Then by all means go ahead and listen to SSS.

SSS, abbreviated for Short Sharp Shock is a young hardcore band from the United Kingdom. They formed in 2005 and released a debut in “Short Sharp Shock” around the early stages of formation but I just caught wind of the band with their latest thrashsterpiece “The Dividing Line.” In 2008 SSS have brought the crossover style of hardcore that we have all come to know and love from the likes of D.R.I, S.O.D, and Municipal Waste and summarized twenty dine-and-dash beat downs through just over thirty minutes of material. The album gives you enough time to recover from the first assault wondering what just happened. You just got hit by SSS and you have nineteen more to go so don’t get too comfortable. Like the great Henry Rollins once said in the classic film Wrong Turn II, “Is that all you got mother ****er?”

The Dividing Line is the second album from these Liverpool lunatics and they continue where they left off to whip up a blistering assault to your senses for each and every waking moment. There is no chance to recover as you are mercifully beat down by bat-*** vocals, blistering riff work, and Slayer-esque soloing. The tempos range from fast and heavy to heavy and fast with the exception to the closing track which features the albums first melodic section. There isn’t really much on this album that you haven’t already heard before from other seminal crossover groups but SSS excel at creating some kicking jams for the A.D.D ridden youth of the world. If you like your music cranked to eleven on rapid fire mode then you will enjoy this. If you like to punch mailboxes/employee’s and youtube Mike Valley beat down four skater punks on a bad day then I also urge you to give this a spin. And if you're like me, a hyper active, each and every day of the week kinda guy then you will also enjoy this.

Destroyer 666 Of Wolves, Women & WarSo Hideous Last Poem/First Light
13th Moon The Pale Spectre over the WormTheophany Time's End: Majora's Mask Remixed
At Dawn They Sleep Red SunBlack Magick SS Panzerwitch

fireaboveicebelow
December 11th 2008

Reading this whole thing makes me think of Oi! music so yeah I definitely want this

Yeah dude this album rulesThis Message Edited On 12.11.08

Crysis
December 11th 2008

Short reviews are the new thing here at sputnik! Good work Balls.

Digging: Swallowed - Lunarterial

Word and word.

Digging: Mare Cognitum - Phobos Monolith

OffTheRadar
December 11th 2008

Good review Balls, glad you have come to the short review side.

December 11th 2008

It's good to be here Frank.

south_of_heaven 11
December 11th 2008

I remember their s/t album being pretty solid so I'll look into this

poweroftheweez
December 11th 2008

Sweet review balls. I'm definitely checking this out too.

Dethtrasher
December 11th 2008

I don't dig crossovers so I will probably not check this out. I'm still surprised that you reviewed some thrash Balls, good work.

December 11th 2008

I always planned on reviewing some thrash at some point. Big fan of Municipal, the crossover stuff, and Destruction especially. Since Hazardous Mutation hasn't been reviewed yet i'll probaly do that one, just make it a little longer in length than this.

Zippermouth
December 11th 2008

This band is so hard to find...
But a total monster!This Message Edited On 12.11.08

Bleak123

1902 Comments

that's because they're a bit meh, good review though balls

Meh? What!!!!

Bleak123

1902 Comments

i just don't like this style of music

beans
December 11th 2008

short review, but well done

December 11th 2008

Short is the new big amiright?

beans
December 12th 2008

you are correct good sir

ASberg
December 12th 2008

The vocals are a bit of an issue with me but for the most part these guys are alright.

Lostandfound2

oops wrong band postThis Message Edited On 12.12.08

Asiatic667
December 12th 2008

I saw a clip of these guys performing on tv, but when I looked for information of them online I got nothing.
Thanks for clearing things up

TheyTookOurJobs
January 9th 2009

i heard 'cant burst thr bubble', i would rate that 5/5
this is my type of music.