The Blood Brothers
Jungle Rules Live

good

by widowslaugh123 USER (4 Reviews)
November 19th, 2008 | 5 replies | 4,949 views

Release Date: 2003 | Tracklist

Review Summary: A fairly good representation of a great bands live show.

The Blood Brothers have always been known for their chaos, their two vocalists, and their completely original music. Unsurprisingly, this is what their sole DVD consists of. Mostly the DVD is about their eleven song set. The other bonus material isn’t really that important so I will be reviewing that. Let’s dive right in it then!

The live show starts off just showing the band members unloading their van while some girl is talking about Johnny Whitney (vocals) and how long the venue has been around before suddenly bursting into “Guitarmy” and Johnny Whitney and Jordan Blile (vocals) chanting “Do you remember us, Do you remember us!” and from then on your on a wild ride.

They mostly play songs from their debut album “This Adultery Is Ripe” and “March on, Electric Children” but play two songs from the (at the time) unreleased “Burn piano island, burn….” The previously mentioned “Guitarmy” and “Cecilia and the Silhouette Saloon.” The latter being one of the best songs of the entire show. It is completely chaotic and just crazy with all members of the band moving with more energy than anything. As members of the band star getting half-naked the songs get crazier and crazier. The last song ends the show with you still trying to catch your breath after the crazy breakdown. It is also the most memorable moment of the DVD. All the stage diving and screaming won’t even compare to the devastating ending of the last song.

However, even with all the chaotic brilliance displayed throughout the forty minute set it still does not help the bad sound and camera views in this DVD. Most of the songs have too much bass and there is essentially only one angle (to the right of the stage) to look at all of the glorious humans that play such inhuman music.

Therefore, this gets a score of three in my opinion. Probably not something that will get you into the band but definitely a must have for any Blood Brother fan.

Iluvatar
November 19th 2008

cecelia sounds really awesome on here

widowslaugh123
November 19th 2008

yeah i really like it. Jordan is so much better than anyone on the DVD.

Avirov
March 22nd 2009

Still a fucking good show.

PirateSquid
December 9th 2009

I reallllllllllllllllllllllly want the DVD.
I'm gonna get it when I buy the Burn Piano Island, Burn reissue.

But they play a great live show, the only complaint is lack of production quality. But that's easily understandable.

Supercoolguy64
August 30th 2014

Kiss of the Octopus sounds soooooooooooo good on here, even beats the studio version

Digging: Harvey Danger - Little By Little...