KISS
Destroyer

by PanterA-CFH USER (1 Reviews)
July 1st, 2005 | 17 replies

Release Date: 1976 | Tracklist

Kiss is a really classic band and is one of my favourites so i decided to do a review on their IMO best album, Destroyer.

KISS lineup

Paul Stanley-Rythm guitar, vocals
Gene Simmons-Bass, vocals
Ace Frehley-Lead Guitar
Peter Criss-Drums, vocals

The song list

1.Detroit Rock City-One of my all time favourites, begins with a crazy intro. Peter really does a great job on the drums here, Paul Stanley makes you feel like you are witnessing this carash they sing about and that guitar solo is probably the best Kiss solo. P.S. the bass riff in the verse is soooo heavy. 5/5

2.King of the night time world-A very catchy song. Peter is terrific here, not the one of the best songs on the album tough 3.5/5

3.God of thunder-One of the heaviest Kiss song and definently the heaviest on this CD, Gene does a great job on the vocals here, pretty simple riff all through but is still a great song and one of my personal favourites. 4,5/5

4.Great Expectations-The first of two ballads on the cd, the piano sounds good and Gene does a good job on the vocals, is still my least favourite on the album. 3/5

5.Flaming Youth-I LOVE THIS SONG. every member gets it done here, a solid great song 4/5

6.Sweet Pain-A surprise, not the best known Kiss song but is one of my favourites. Great melody that is catchy. Great bass riff and the guitar solo by Ace is my second favourite on this album after Detroit Rock City 5/5

7.Shout it Out Loud-the first song i learned to play on my bass, very upbeat and great lyrics here. Probably the catchiest song on the album and the you just have to sing along. This one is definently a classic 5/5

8.Beth-One of the best known Rock N' Roll ballads of all time and no wonder! only peter can sing this song with so much feeling. great piano playing too, my favourite ballad of all times 5/5

9.Do you love me-nothing spectacular here, just kind of avarage and definently not one of the best on the cd but not the worst either. 3.5/5

The overall score:5/5 this one is a classic wich every rocker must have, terrific drumming by Peter and the others get it done.

Wll that concludes my first review, i hope you liked it if you didn't then well at least there's room for improvement:)

Damrod
July 1st 2005

Well, for a track-by-track review, it could have a bit more information on the individual tracks. Like how the song builds up etc. But for your first review this is ok.

Why not have a look at... for example AntiHeros reviews? He's in the Top15 (lower left corner on the main site) and does quite some great track-by-track reviews. Anyways, good job for your first review :thumb:

masada

I agree with Damrod.

I really cannot stand Kiss. I think they're extremely superficial, and there music is boring and stupid.

Med57
July 1st 2005

Damrod's so much nicer than me...anyway, I hate Kiss, personally. It's a mystery to me as to how they've acheived the level of popularity that they have, but there you go.

Thor
July 1st 2005

Sorry, but no Kiss album deserves 5 stars. All of their songs are just flat out boring.

PanterA-CFH
July 1st 2005

Well every one has different opinions, Kiss is also the only none heavy metal band i listen to:S

3vidence
July 2nd 2005

KISS is prolly one of the best bands around. There is no other band like them, their music may not be "perfect" but they are preformers and always put on an awsome show. And u gotta hand it to gene, he is seriously a marketing genius, andything that could possibly have KISS put on it DOES. This was the first cd that i ever bought and i still listen to it. KISS is a great band with extremely catchy tunes to listen to. They are also fun to play if your in a band.

mudvayne_bass_player
July 3rd 2005

KISS is one the greatest bands ever and there will never be anything like them.

blueduck5000
August 7th 2005

I bought this on cassette tape from goodwill. The only problem is finding cassette players.

Fire Starter
October 6th 2005

DESTROYER is one of the most consistent albums of their career. Diverse too. How they blend heavy metal monsters like "God Of Thunder" and "Detroit Rock City" with mellow tunes like "Beth" and "Great Expectations" is just brilliant. And to top it all off, there are some great anthems like "Shout It Out Loud" and "Flaming Youth".

Bob Ezrin was the genius producer behind on the 1970's greatest masterpieces. 2 Thumbs up !

SELHIM
October 12th 2005

KISS is a great band. Detroit Rock City and God Of Thunder best songs of this album.

October 12th 2005

yo can tell me what IMO means? and sellouts?

yes i'm stupid

Neoteric

IMO = In My Opinion

October 12th 2005

of course not, but please give a better explnation about sellouts, and don't mention a band

Neoteric
October 12th 2005

Sellout = A thing that has changed direction to make other people happier.

Meh, I tried.

October 12th 2005

aha ok, so being a sellout isn't always negative?This Message Edited On 10.12.05

October 12th 2005

Which albums don't you like anymore from greenday then?

pulseczar
November 8th 2005

Alive! review will be coming up soon, so... heads up, i won't be generous