Limp Bizkit are a rap/rock hybrid and that is not necessarily a bad thing. Well that was before Chocolate Starfish and The Hotdog Flavored Water. You may know me, I wrote the other Significant Other review. I will say here what I said there. That is, that Limp Bizkit was in-a-way ruined by Fred Durst. If it wasn't for his egotistics and his horrific rapping, the band would still be good today. This is the bands first album and it is pretty good. It is mostly metal oriented, not as rappy as their future releases. Well here it is, Three Dolla Bill Y'all.
- This is the first noise romp on the album. This is the beginning of the great album that is yet to come. All you hear here is indistinct voices talking about the pollution of satan all around us. Kind of weird because I never thought Fred Durst to be a christian, ha ha. I'm not going to rate this because it's not a song. N/A
- This is a great start to this album. The rapping doesn't sound that bad with all of the smashing guitar. Fred manages to say things very quickly in the chorus. It's a highlight on the album and it shows Fred's screaming ablility well which comes out a lot on this album. Also it ends in silence with Fred screaming "BRING THAT BEAT BACK"! Then you hear someone scream "FRED SHUT THE *** UP"! A
- This is the epitome of Limp Bizkit greatness. Listening to this song is a huge adrenaline rush. It's so energeting and it has many parts to it. I'm not very fond of the chorus but I love the freakout that happens in the middle of the song. It's like "freakin me out you wear a mask called counterfeit, freakin me out YOU WEAR A MASK CALLED COUNTERFEIT"! It really helps the song out and in my opinion, this is the best song on the album. A+
- This song starts off really misleading, it sound like rap but before you know it, all you can hear is screaming and heavy guitars. It's a pretty cool song but it doesn't compare to the others on the album. It's no where near as good as the other two. But it is still listenable. B
Nobody Loves Me
- Just a fair warning, possibly the whinest lyrics i've ever heard here. The chorus is just Fred whining "Nobody loooves me, nobody carrrreeess". All I can say is that it's just gay. It's not what I expected here at all. Also there's some pretty stupid lyrics. "Maybe I'll go eat worms"! Not a good song at all. About average. C
- Starts off with Fred yelling "Mellow Out"! This song has a very good bassline and that's not something to expect out of Limp Bizkit. This song is pretty slow but it's pretty good. Even though the song is mostly rap. I don't like the chorus that much but the verses are nice. I also don't really like how it ends, it;s kimd of like a bunch of echoes. B-
- This is another slow song. This track also has a pretty good bassline. The drum beat rocks as well. Even though the song remains slow in the middle, Fred can't stop screaming the lyrics. He kind of ruined this song. I liked it before the songong came in. Not to mention, this song is SIX minutes long. About 5:30 too long. The songong ruins it. C+
- This starts off screamo then goes into some DJ scratching. It's pretty cool. Way cooler than Stalemae or Nobody Loves Me. The guitar really stands out here. The song is also really thrashy. There are also some really cool back-up vocals. Finishes off with some weird vocals. But the song is pretty good, it ownes the past three but still doesn't hit the mark numbers 2 and 3 did. B
- This was the bands first single and it was a cover of "Faith" by George Michael. But they morph it into a metal song with rhythm. It came out really good. It's one of my favorites on the album. Also, believe it or not, this song shows off some of Fred's screaming ability. It's really cool. But with a miniute left in the song, it gets all rappy. Like it stops and goes into a complete mini song. It's un-needed here. So I'll forget that Fred even added that to the song.... Anyway, this song is a highlight of the album. A
- This is a really stupid song. It's short, screamy, slow, and the best part... It's mostly rap! More like crap. It's worst song on the album. It's horrible and that's really all there is to say about this steaming pile. If it can't get any worse it ends with Fred screaming "Stinky Finger"! D+
- I guess this was a song dedicated to the place that they met DJ Lethal. The House Of Pain. Anyway, it's all rap, so I won't be stupidly biased about it because of the genre switch. I mean the song is pretty cool because it is a huge thanks, kind of like "Show Me What Ya Got", from Significant Other. It's cool for what it is. B
- This is a grungy scream-fest. It awrsome. The guitar also really stands out here as does the bass. The lyrics are spit out like a machine-gun as Fred rants on about God-knows-what. It's still a huge highlight on the album. This is my 2nd favorite on the album. Finally because I was giving up hope as the cd progressed. Good to hear something good, finally. A+
- I HAVE NO CLUE HOW A BAND COULD MAKE A 16 MINUTE NOISE ROMP. No kidding, all it is, is noise with faded lyrics. If I were to rate this, it would bring down the average of the album so I won't rate it for the reviews sake. WAll I can say is, wow what a ***ty ending to an okay album. N/A
This is a pretty decent album. I hated the middle and the only reason I liked it at all was because of the highlights. Faith, Counterfeit, Pollution, Leech. The best songs here. Don't bother buying the album. Just download these tracks to save some dissapointment.